Real Info from a VZW store?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten any solid info from a VZW store?

I don't have an account now nor do I have a rep from a business account. I've called my local store twice since Monday and not only are they a little rude (gotta love NY, I want to give you $800 + please give me attitude) but they seem a bit clueless. My plan was to go there tomorrow morning but the people I've spoken to don't know if they'll have it.

Today I got "we should have it, call tomorrow" - I explained how I have to stop there on my way to work and she said, oh ok you can just come in at 10 then and they should be here.

Anyone have anything a little more concrete from a local store? I'm just not getting that confident feeling talking to them.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My local Verizon store has been very helpful and knowledgeable. They open at 10 AM and they were taking names down for those interested. I didn't get the impression that they were doing any money down preorders like BB.

Im sure you have the cost down so I won't go there. You are required to give them your SS info to set you uo with a new account. But if your buying it at full price there is no down payment required. They are treating full price buyers like a prepaid customer. You are required to choose a GB plan for one month of service and you will pay an activation fee before they will let you buy one. I asked what what stopping me from cancelling right after I get home and I was told nothing. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2CupsWithString

jaeisber

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I think every store is going to be different, honestly. I called my store (in Chicago) and they have one on hold for me with an appt set up at 7:30am (when they open) to get everything set up.

I also have one on pre-order from BB, so if anyone needs one and is in Chicago, let me know!

theOneAndOnlyMrT

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an appointment for 9am (opening time) tomorrow for 2 Xooms. It took three different stores to find one that would hold them for me. The store I have mine on hold with has them in stock and apparently the employees have had the chance to play with one.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I feel much more relieved, I called a few different stores and found one that confirmed they are receiving their shipment today, for sale tomorrow at 9AM, he took my name & number and said he would call me right away when he could sell it to me. I told him I appreciate it but no need cause I'll be there at 9am.

kerwink040

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
They must not want to make any money/ sales

I cant believe this. I live in theBay Area of San Francisco- home of Google. I went to two Verizon Wireless stores and mentioned the Xoom, the sales person was not only surprised to hear the name but didn't know anything about it, especially that It was going to be launched tomorrow.
There were no flyers, posters or ads of any kind anywhere in or around the store.
When I delved a little further, someone was able to tell me that they would be putting up posters and a floor model tomorrow (actually tonight after the store closes)..but couldn't guaranty that they would have any for sale tomorrow.
I guess they aren't interested in selling this unit so I think anyone who wants one will have no problem getting one on or after tomorrow due to the lack of pre-launch advertisements.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I cant believe this. I live in theBay Area of San Francisco- home of Google. I went to two Verizon Wireless stores and mentioned the Xoom, the sales person was not only surprised to hear the name but didn't know anything about it, especially that It was going to be launched tomorrow.
There were no flyers, posters or ads of any kind anywhere in or around the store.
When I delved a little further, someone was able to tell me that they would be putting up posters and a floor model tomorrow (actually tonight after the store closes)..but couldn't guaranty that they would have any for sale tomorrow.
I guess they aren't interested in selling this unit so I think anyone who wants one will have no problem getting one on or after tomorrow due to the lack of pre-launch advertisements.

That's the vibe at my local store, call around a little, when I found one where the person answered like they had a pulse, knew exactly what the Xoom was, when they were getting theirs in and took my name & number I felt A LOT better.

My local store you think just couldn't be bothered. So no tablet, case, activation, 1 month data for them.

theOneAndOnlyMrT

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I definitely experienced this. I called three stored before I got someone that didnt think I was crazy. One lady made me feel like I was speaking jibberish. Call around and you'll find someone.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I definitely experienced this. I called three stored before I got someone that didnt think I was crazy. One lady made me feel like I was speaking jibberish. Call around and you'll find someone.
LoL sometimes these Verizon people are so clueless. You can understand from a nobody on the street, but this is their job they should be aware of what is comin gout in the next couple days.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you definitely wouldn't know a significant tablet was being launched if you haven't been watching the news. I'm in NYC and the only store that knew what I was talking about was a non-corporate store. He had a dummy unit ready to hand to me, and was happy to take my name and number down.

The real question is whether he'll get his shipment today. If he does, he just earned himself a sale for two 2-yr contracts.

If not, I guess I'll head to the largest Verizon store that opens the earliest here in the city and wait for them to open.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I went by the Verizon store in my area. A rep told me he played with it and he loved it, he seemed real excited about it. He was very friendly and helpful and, said they will have display units tomorrow and maybe some for sale

I guess Verizon doesn't want them to say much about it until, tomorrow or until they get the units in the store. (at least that's what the rep alluded to.)

raidil

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
just got home from my vz store here my sales rep took the one from the back that they where playing with let me play with it for 30mins all i have to say is wow....

side note if i go to bed now will it make time go faster?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviTaylor