Reasons why I downgraded back to Kitkat

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
1. I found the battery took longer to charge using the fast charger.
2. Apps/updates in the Playstore seemed to take longer to install after downloading.
3. No way of getting rid of the Whatsapp pop up interruptions without totally disabling notifications for that app
4. While the phone is charging, if I get a Whatsapp message and the notification light flashes, after I read the message and then the phone goes to sleep again it doesn't revert to the charging light. It goes off until wake the screen and put it asleep again.
5. The background for suggested words on the stock keyboard was changed from black to grey for some unknown reason making it hard to see outdoors.

Posted via the Android Central App

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what variant of the note 4 do you have?..and how did you downgrade?...I couldn't find any variant that can do it accept the unlocked version??..Thanks

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Apps took longer to install because they are being precompiled for the ART runtime as opposed to compiling them every time an app starts under Dalvik (ART is Lollipop and on, Dalvik is default for KitKat).

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what variant of the note 4 do you have?..and how did you downgrade?...I couldn't find any variant that can do it accept the unlocked version??..Thanks

Hi mate,

I'm in Ireland. I have the unlocked international version. 910F.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Apps took longer to install because they are being precompiled for the ART runtime as opposed to compiling them every time an app starts under Dalvik (ART is Lollipop and on, Dalvik is default for KitKat).

Ah right, that explains one of the problems, but I didn't notice any gain to ART.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset?

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Hi there,

Yeah, I did a factory reset. Didn't seem to help any. I'm considering waiting for 5.1. Having said that, maybe I'll be my usual impatient self and reinstall the lollipop that's available now!