Receiving a "notification" sound while phone is on vibrate (system and notifications)

simpleruser

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
I've been getting a sound at random intervals that sounds like a single soft chime that trails off and I have no idea what is causing it.

It is probably??? on the media sound channel as that's the only one I don't have on vibrate, there definitely isn't a matching notification. How the hell do I work out what is causing this short sound?

It happens both when the phone is locked and unlocked, while I'm listening to other things and when I'm not. Both NFC and bluetooth are turned off so it's not various "something is connecting to me!" sounds (though that was a good suggestion I found when searching)

There doesn't seem to be any set interval that I've noticed for it which only adds to the madness it's bringing me. I've had all my apps up to date and don't think it started with installing something new.

I only recently updated my phone to the most recent software update being pushed (listed as 1 July 2021)

Please help me work out what this is, it's driving me absolutely crazy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

Download Nice Catch from galaxy play store and give it few hours to gather information and see if you find out what it is causing this

simpleruser

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
oh fantastic, I was hoping for something just like this, I'll give it a go and report back. I know exactly what the "notification" sounds like so I should be able to work it out with this if it's something that it will pick up

simpleruser

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
I'll try the other app mentioned in that thread but the difference with mine is it's not a notification sound because it's not a vibration when my phone is on vibrate. I think the sound itself might be a piano chord? But I'm pretty bad with sounds.

Unfortunately nice catch didn't pick it up - just had my mystery sound and nothing to be found apart from me waking the screen and some notifications from over an hour ago.

Really appreciate the help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll try the other app mentioned in that thread but the difference with mine is it's not a notification sound because it's not a vibration when my phone is on vibrate. I think the sound itself might be a piano chord? But I'm pretty bad with sounds.

Unfortunately nice catch didn't pick it up - just had my mystery sound and nothing to be found apart from me waking the screen and some notifications from over an hour ago.

Really appreciate the help.
Give it time to collect information the other app should be good also to narrow it down, your welcome .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech