Recurring Text Message! HELP!!!

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So my wife and I both have the new E4GLTE and she sent me a text message today at 3:36 through the default messaging app, which I also use, and the same message keeps getting sent to me. No matter the time of day I'm getting the message, it's still saying 3:36 on it. This has gone on all day and now into the night. I have rebooted both phones, manually force stopped the apps on both, sent other messages to and from each, cleared the cache on both, etc. You name it and I think I've tried it! Anyone know how to stop this, PLEASE?!?!?! The message only looks like it's being retrieved on my phone and doesn't look like it's being resent on hers since the message isn't showing up again, but I kid you not when I say that by now I have received the same message at least 50 times. It sends like every 5-10 minutes. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!:confused:

Dwight

Sent from my Possessed Evo 4G LTE

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am at home but not using either. We've had them since BB got their preorders on the 24th or 25th and this is the first time this has happened.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
You updated your PRL and have your old phones powered off?

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You updated your PRL and have your old phones powered off?

Yes, I traded in my OG EVO and my wifes has been off since we got the new one....Just updated it again just in case and got another text. Going to update wife's PRL and see what happens.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Updating the PRLs didn't do anything and I am still getting the message pretty quickly. The only relief I get is to turn my phone off or to silent, which I don't want to either.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Contact sprint and have them block your wife's number on your phone.. :p

Seriously though, contact sprint. Sounds like something is messed up on their end. Sounds like your phone isn't telling sprint it received the message.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Your using the stock messaging app? I use handscent and turn off notifications on the stock app and no issues he. Maybe you should download a different messaging app and see if this works.

sent from my Evo4LTE

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Contact sprint and have them block your wife's number on your phone.. :p

Seriously though, contact sprint. Sounds like something is messed up on their end. Sounds like your phone isn't telling sprint it received the message.

I seriously considered blocking my wife, lol...well at least for the night while trying to sleep. I was thinking the exact same about maybe the phone not telling the network it has received the message. I'll see what happens overnight and give an update tomorrow. If it keeps up, I'll definitely be calling Sprint. Thanks!

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been having duplicate text messages too. I'll have to call sprint I guess soon but the phone is so new I doubt they will have a solution yet.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Samething happen to me but it ended up being my airvana and having my old phone still on

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been having duplicate text messages too. I'll have to call sprint I guess soon but the phone is so new I doubt they will have a solution yet.

Are you using the stock messaging by itself or you using a second messaging app? If your using a different one you have to turn off notifications in the stock messaging to eliminate duplicate messages.;)

sent from my Evo4LTE

dakkiy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Request a data reset, which deletes your Sprint data (not your phone data), your phone will do a ands free activation, prl update and firmware update. It's fast simple and might actually fix the issue. Be sure to do it some where w great coverage.

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Update:

Well I put the phone on airplane mode so that I could at least sleep and have my alarms go off this morning. I turned it off after I got up and then go slammed with same message about 15 times...It did it once or twice the same way it did the night before and then the rest of them came right after another about 15-20 minutes later in addition to some others I had tried sending from my wife's phone the night before that wouldn't go through for some reason, which I think is a good sign. As of now, it seems to have stopped. I was in the same location (my house) when all of the messages came through this morning and so far it seems good to go. Oh and I only use the stock messaging app and no others so these aren't duplicate notifications. I don't know what happened or why it did this but I'm just glad it stopped! Seriously think it was a data issue like Mikey47 was suggesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753