Red Clockwork Recovery

taglish123

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I was wondering if there is a tutorial on the red CWM...how to use it, benefits, improving and/or fixing anything, etc. I'm running debloated/deodexed Eb01 Froyo.

Thanks much!

taglish123

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I've read through both links (thanks again!) and I have a question. I'm in red cwm to wipe battery stat and I clicked on yes with the power button. Then I hit the "back" softkey when it was done and went back to blue cwm and rebooted the system. Did I just cancel my wipe? Or should I hit Reboot to Recovery to finish the battery stat wipe job?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've read through both links (thanks again!) and I have a question. I'm in red cwm to wipe battery stat and I clicked on yes with the power button. Then I hit the "back" softkey when it was done and went back to blue cwm and rebooted the system. Did I just cancel my wipe? Or should I hit Reboot to Recovery to finish the battery stat wipe job?

Read post #73 by Landshark and the rest of the thread here on page 8:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/58334-how-improve-battery-life-8.html

Reactions: Landshark

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How do I get to red cwm?

OK I used to be able to do this with the package. However, now I can't. I know there is a way around this. How do I get from green to red? I know how to boot into blue, then apply update zip to get to green..... how from there do I get to red? I tried hitting advanced, and nothing happens, literally a blank screen comes up until I go back.

Im just trying to wipe cache and dalvik again.

and hoping to flash more stuff lol

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK I used to be able to do this with the package. However, now I can't. I know there is a way around this. How do I get from green to red? I know how to boot into blue, then apply update zip to get to green..... how from there do I get to red? I tried hitting advanced, and nothing happens, literally a blank screen comes up until I go back.

Im just trying to wipe cache and dalvik again.

and hoping to flash more stuff lol

You don't need to download the whole package. Just flash this through ODIN Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!, delete the update.zip from your sd card and replace it with this one MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service then every time you hit apply sdcard:update.zip you will go to red cwm with the bitmap error messages. If you want the red cwm without the error messages delete update.zip completely from your sd card and flash this through ODIN MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service The only problem with the second one is every time you flash a new ROM you will have to flash the CWM-recovery-all file in ODIN again.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Read post #73 by Landshark and the rest of the thread here on page 8:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/58334-how-improve-battery-life-8.html

Thanks Suicide. There are many people here who are more than willing to help anyone who needs it and spend hours and hours of our own time to do so. Please do not take this to mean I do not want to help people here. I love doing it, and will continue to dedicate as much time as I possibly can to doing just that. It's just that it's getting to be very time consuming answering the same questions over and over because so many people don't know how to search the forums for an answer to their question. They just start a whole new thread simply to ask one question that is probably already covered in a thread. Anybody who reads this and has not read the below listed links, please do. There is a search function in the forum and if you learn how to use it you can find answers for yourself and learn how to make the forums work for you in the process. The answers are out there, everyone just needs to learn how to use the search function and I think your experience at AC will be that much better. If after doing a search on the topic of you question you can't find the answer, didn't understand the answer, or there are just too many results to sort through, then by all means ask as many questions as you need to solve your problem or gain an understanding. Just please try to post your questions in the topic appropriate threads if they already exist. When you post a question in the topic appropriate thread and the thread is not one of the stickys, that will bring that thread to the top of page 1 of the forums, so anyone else who may have a question related to that topic (and possibly the same question you have) will see the thread and can easily access it to read the information in that thread. In that way you will get your question answered and help out other forum members at the same time. I believe part of helping people here is also giving them the tools and knowledge to help themselves. Thank you, I will get off my soapbox now and get back to trying to help anyone I can :p
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...forum-rules-guidelines-updated-2-26-2011.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-central-meta/57097-android-central-forum-faqs.html

Last edited:

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to download the whole package. Just flash this through ODIN Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!, delete the update.zip from your sd card and replace it with this one MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service then every time you hit apply sdcard:update.zip you will go to red cwm with the bitmap error messages. If you want the red cwm without the error messages delete update.zip completely from your sd card and flash this through ODIN MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service The only problem with the second one is every time you flash a new ROM you will have to flash the CWM-recovery-all file in ODIN again.

trying it this way now. will the bitmap messages affect any flashing updating etc?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ended up flashing the whole package again and still no red. wierd......

That's because you are still using the update.zip tied to green cwm. Don't know how it got there, but it is there. Follow my instructions in my previous post and delete your current update.zip completely.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to toss it on the pile, if you hit the home button in green CWM instead of using the power button it just shuts off the display. That's probably why you were getting a blank screen when you selected stuff. I know I did that a lot when I was getting started.

Reactions: Landshark

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just to toss it on the pile, if you hit the home button in green CWM instead of using the power button it just shuts off the display. That's probably why you were getting a blank screen when you selected stuff. I know I did that a lot when I was getting started.

thats exactly what I was doing! haha thanks so much! so glad to know Im not loosing my mind! It seems like in some parts of cwm you press the home button and in other parts you use the power button. lol I prolly just mixed it up.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
CWM Red Question

Quick question about CWM Red...

When I go to it, my screen at the bottom says this:

E:Missing bitmap progress_empty
(Code -1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill
(Code -1)
CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

I have never really used CWM Red so I am just curious what this means. Does it mean I have a voodoo kernel?? If so, I was unaware of how I got it. If not, what does it mean.

I am running 2.8sc EB01

Any info would be great! This is helping my learning progress

Thanks guys

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939