Redirect from links

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to be able to click on a link for an app/YouTube video and it'll open within the Play Store/YouTube app. Now it just opens the mobile site. I didn't change my settings at all. It just started happening today. I tried restarting and powering off and no luck. Anyone know how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this in a browser, or from the Google app, or somewhere else? If it's the Google app, then go to its settings, select Accounts & Privacy, and turn off the "Open web pages in app" option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What if you go to Settings>Apps, select Chrome, then Open By Default, and then Clear Defaults?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Hey! BillyBo..AC/DC I like that avatar-Oops! goto the

point Sammy, well how about if you Uninstall-Reinstall

the ACapp it may fix the issue. As you know you won't

loss any settings..Just re-Enter usename+pass..Try on

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there a screenshot I can't see? That's been a bug lately in AC -- sometimes attached screenshots only show up in the app, and not on the desktop site (which is what I use almost exclusively).

The "clear defaults" button is faded and can not be clicked. Since there is nothing to clear.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
YouTube links seem to be working now. However, clicking on an app link still won't take me to Play Store app.

Edit: Nevermind. YouTube app will only open if I'm under the "video" section on a Google search.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I just figured out what happened. It would not open the app if in incognito mode. I've never had this issue before. I use incognito 99.9% of the time and never had this issue with the 6P.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753