Redundant phone numbers in Contacts...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
makes it difficult to do Voice Dialing because unlike on my BB, the Voice Dialing app wants to know which "number" to call after it recognizes a contact, even though the numbers are identical. It seems the issue has something to do with multiple sources like Yahoo, Gmail, etc. Is there a simple, workable solution to preventing all these duplicate numbers in my Contacts database for the phone? On my BB, I use ONLY the phone's Contacts program--I didn't sync with my Google account. I only synced the calendar to Google, on my BB and that worked great.

lfegerber

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey. I don't know if this will help, but if you go to your gmail, then click on contacts, it will have a button listed "More"

From there, you can click on "Find & Merge Duplicate Contacts." It should help w/ some redundancy.

Aside from there, if there are a few people that you call pretty often, you can merge contacts on your phone one by one. Just find their duplicate listings, go to edit, then go to menu and click on the merge button.

Reactions: gorgalis

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey. I don't know if this will help, but if you go to your gmail, then click on contacts, it will have a button listed "More"

From there, you can click on "Find & Merge Duplicate Contacts." It should help w/ some redundancy.

Aside from there, if there are a few people that you call pretty often, you can merge contacts on your phone one by one. Just find their duplicate listings, go to edit, then go to menu and click on the merge button.
thanks. I'll give that a try in a little while (trying to get ready to head out to Vegas).

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

thank you!