Release it when it's ready!

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been reading all this back and forth for weeks upon weeks like everyone else. Do I want the Thunder... Heck Yes!! However

I for one am okay waiting til Verizon says it's ready and annouces it. (Yes I have a working Dinc) So i am not out of a phone making the waiting much worse. Verizon is a business and hence here to make MONEY. So if the phoen is ready and production is fine and can be deleivered they would realease. They at here to MAKE MONEY. They however are not here just to piss thier customers off. There must be some legimite reason for it no being released. They said 1st Qtr, so I hold them to that, if it's not released by end of 1st Qtr then we as consumers have the right to be upset.

Sure was it going to be released ont he 14th? Very likely it was, and BB tried to get a jump on things and got burned by it. Verizon did not do that to them. Until Verizon makes an offical release, it is not availalbe. BB tried the old advance marketing and tryign to get the sales locked up and unfortunalty for them it was delayed due to who really knows why reason.

All the other dates are completely sepculation at this point. Most of these BB emplyee's/Managers are gettign there info from guess what? blogs, twitter, other consumers going in and stating stuff that they spew backout to the next customer.

I for one can't wait for this phone to come out. I will wait, and click buy when it's released online and be happy.

Here's hoping to get more info this week, if not, continue to wait and have fun with my Dinc!

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I would rather them release it WHEN I'M READY.....which is now. You get to play with a Dinc...I get to play with my storm1. The TB is a major update to my storm even with everything not functioning correct. Just my vote (do I get a vote?!)

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is Verizon's first LTE phone. Chances are they want this launch to go smoothly and glitch-free, so that is likely causing "delays" in the launch. I say "delays" because Verizon has never given a specific date to launch...only the vague Q1 reference. Since Q1 has not ended yet, I have no problem waiting though I am eager to get this phone. :)

BigDogDVJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been salivating over this phone since CES and it's my own fault that I listened to all the hype and got let down by the Valentines Day gift that never showed.

Now I just want it to be released sooner than later. Do I have my heart set for the 24th? Yes! Should I know better? Unfortunately, yes...

ejweber

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping to get more info this week, if not, continue to wait and have fun with my Dinc!

I think that's all a lot of us are really asking for. We don't want a phone to be released when it's not ready. We do, however, want to have some idea of what's going on.

As cool as my Alias 2 is, the e-ink feature is a poor substitute for hundreds of thousands of apps...

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I think that's all a lot of us are really asking for. We don't want a phone to be released when it's not ready. We do, however, want to have some idea of what's going on.

This.
We have been kept in the dark for so long.
Verizon is releasing commercials, and I'm pretty sure Best Buy is not allowed to put the phone in their ad without Verizon's permission. We just want to know what all this means.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This.
We have been kept in the dark for so long.
Verizon is releasing commercials, and I'm pretty sure Best Buy is not allowed to put the phone in their ad without Verizon's permission. We just want to know what all this means.
Other than (badly) wanting to be able to dump my Storm 1, I agree with c.i. It would REALLY be helpful to all of us if VZW would at least issue a statement that would clear up all the rumors and crap running around. They're the one's that hold the cards. If they can't deal them, they can at least tell us what the game's hold up is. I think everyone would feel better hearing a simple but informative statement from the source.

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
However the counter agruement is, does a Corp have a duty to dispell rumors, gossip pushed by blog sites, forums, and the like? There are so many rumors and people in "the know" with "sources", that lets face it, most of the time don't come true when it all starts.. sure at some point they are correct, becuase the product becomes a reality vs a dream/hope/rumor.

So again do they have a duty(not the same as what we want as a consumer) big differance.

And believe me I am not a Verizon Fanboy, thye charge to much, but we have little choice as to a carrie sometimes becuase of service location.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I speak for quite a few people when I say that it's about information at this point. Most of us are very inteligent and can understand a concise statement as to WHY it's not ready. That would go a long way towards dispelling rumors and cleaning up the threads in this forum. Of course none of us want a half baked phone, but in the information age, I think Verizon needs to start pumping out some information to hold us over. This is like growing up all over again. "NO" "Why?" "Because I said so" stopped working when I started paying my own bills....

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Very good points. However, Verizon releasing "some" info just to apease this forum? or to dispell the rumors on this forum? Is that thier responsibility? They dont come on here and say things to promote this. Do not us forum users/bloggers/tweeters do this ourselves?

The information is truely a great thing, however has it also lead to this instant gratification and the constant need to know every single thing..?? Hmmm

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Do they "Owe" it to us? Absolutely not. Should they? Absolutely. In this day and age information flows so fast and through so many sources. Just look at their Facebook page. People who have no idea what a Thunderbolt is gets the impressoin that something shady is going on, even if it is not. It creates an appearance of impropriety even where none exists. It's a simple PR issue. It just might start to affect sales. That, after all, is the bottom line for Verizon...

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Do they "Owe" it to us? Absolutely not. Should they? Absolutely. In this day and age information flows so fast and through so many sources. Just look at their Facebook page. People who have no idea what a Thunderbolt is gets the impressoin that something shady is going on, even if it is not. It creates an appearance of impropriety even where none exists. It's a simple PR issue. It just might start to affect sales. That, after all, is the bottom line for Verizon...

That is the crutch of the problem, they don't owe us no matter how much we do want info. However I would agree some info would go a long way.

However on the flip, i can say without a doubt, if "if" VZW had come out and said the 14th, and then came out and said a delay, this forum would be calling for thier heads for delaying it. So in some verizon logic they may be saying lets just not say anything? LOL

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you, Guntherm, to an extent. Would we be pissed if they announced and delayed? Probably. I guess that would depend on the REASON they gave us, which takes this argument full circle. I need to find some duct tape before my head explodes... All I know is when this thing is finally released, most of us are going to buy it and be happy until next year when we will be doing the same thing for a "New" beast in sexy clothing...

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you, Guntherm, to an extent. Would we be pissed if they announced and delayed? Probably. I guess that would depend on the REASON they gave us, which takes this argument full circle. I need to find some duct tape before my head explodes... All I know is when this thing is finally released, most of us are going to buy it and be happy until next year when we will be doing the same thing for a "New" beast in sexy clothing...

Ah to be summed up so perfectly....

See most of these same beaties next year for the next best phone!!! That's would close this case... Love it! How so true!

The amount of threads is simple amazing.

I do stand by this phone(for it's specs) Release it when it's ready!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebelmindset