Relocate Google Search Bar on Google Pixel 2 XL Home page.

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I had LG G4 last 3+ years and I loved it...
I've been waiting for V40 release but as far as I know I'd need to wait until Oct...

Anyway, my G4's SIM Card reader stopped working last weekend, and after discussing with Verizon rep on chat, I decided to go with Google Pixel 2 XL which was free but refurb version.

So, I got it at the beginning of this week and working on it to learn and set up to my liking...
There are quite a few things I have questions for, so if I can't find the answers online, I might ask through here...

Anyway, here's one thing I'd like to find out as the info I got from online is old and didn't work with my phone.

"Is it possible to move Google Search bar from bottom to Top of the Home Page?"

My system is updated to Android 8.1.0.

Thank you in advance!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not possible using pixel launcher. I sometimes use Nova and have it set exactly like the pixel launcher only with all the Nova tweaks that come along with it. one of those being able to move that search bar.

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you cbreze. I'll look into Nova Launcher.
One question. Does Nova Launcher has cool Live Wallpapers like Pixel Launcher?
I hate downloading too many extra and getting problems like it happened with my LG G4!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't use live walls so cant honestly recall, but most likely does. Just get it on your phone and play around with it. It has lots of nice features and different ways to set stuff up.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you cbreze. I'll look into Nova Launcher.
One question. Does Nova Launcher has cool Live Wallpapers like Pixel Launcher?
I hate downloading too many extra and getting problems like it happened with my LG G4!

Wallpaper is independent of the Nova Launcher. Wallpaper works the same as it does with the stock Google launcher.

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi TraderGary,

As I installed Nova Launcher, Yes, I found that out. And WOW! It has TONS of stuff!!

I have a question...

After going through the Nova Launcher setting and previewing, I noticed there isn't the top task bar...

I'd like to be able to see at least battery %, Wi-Fi & Data signal strength and such...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi TraderGary,

As I installed Nova Launcher, Yes, I found that out. And WOW! It has TONS of stuff!!

I have a question...

After going through the Nova Launcher setting and previewing, I noticed there isn't the top task bar...

I'd like to be able to see at least battery %, Wi-Fi & Data signal strength and such...
With Nova you can only hide the status bar in your home screens. Custom launchers in general don't have control over what shows up on the status bar and your best option to change things there would be enabling the System UI Tuner.

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Javier P,
Thank you for your reply but I found out the solution!
From "Look & Feel" →"Notification Bar"→Turn off "Dark icons".
😊

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbeve