Remote Unlock for Car

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a Viper Smartstart installed. Thats the only way I know it works. You would have to have something like that.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

TexasBowhunter

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes I was reading about this option and feel this is going to be to much cost in crude to set it up this way...
Looking for something more cost effective...
I don't believe that the remote was operated by laser although I could be mistaken...
paul

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Unless you have and after market car starter install like the Viper one mentioned above I'm pretty sure there isn't another way.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
does the viper work from anywhere?

Like my remote starter is 100 feet or so.

Can my wife say be at a concert inside a stadium and start her car that way? using the viper app? where it uses a statellite or data connection instead of IR?

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
tony bag o donuts,

Viper SmartStart uses cellular, so yes, as long as both the phone and car have a signal. You would have to have a SmartStart remote starter installed in the car (or a standard Viper remote starter with SmartStart module), and it costs $50/year for the service.

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
True. I was out of the state and was able to unlock the wifes car that was in the shop.

Dunndw
NRA/State certified handgun instructor

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes I was reading about this option and feel this is going to be to much cost in crude to set it up this way...
Looking for something more cost effective...
There's no "more cost effective" option -- not one using a smartphone as a replacement anyway. An app by itself doesn't enable remote unlocking from a smartphone. There has to be hardware (and possibly a service) in place and that comes at a cost. Your device does not have the hardware to transmit on the frequencies used by your car's key fob. An app can't overcome that hardware limitation.

The cost effective option is to find a discounted/used remote and to program it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arghya139