Replace SD Card under warranty?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe that my SD card is dying. My phone has just started to have random reboots, and just did it 3 times in a row. I removed the card, it seems fine.

My question is, do you think that Sprint will replace the card (It's the one that came with the Evo) with a new one under some sort of warranty?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i wouldn't think so.

HTC warranty=1 year (covering just the phone & battery)
Sprint warranty on the phone=30 days (i believe--could be 90)

so, no HTC replacement of it--
i think Sprint would probably argue, if you attempted to ask for a replacement, that you loaded something onto the card that corrupted it & it wasn't a craftsmanship error--but a user error.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried reformating the card? Use a computer to copy everything from the card onto the computer, and then reformat the card. When it is done, copy everything back. Sometimes that can help if there is a problem.

If you have a second card, you could copy everything to that, and then see if it still has problems.

If so, I would say your issue is not with your card. I had a rebooting issue with my EVO, and I called CS. They sent me a replacement without any hassle.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I did reformat the card, I did it with the phone though. Don't have an SD card adapter for it. It seems to be working fine without the SD card though.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe that my SD card is dying. My phone has just started to have random reboots, and just did it 3 times in a row. I removed the card, it seems fine.

My question is, do you think that Sprint will replace the card (It's the one that came with the Evo) with a new one under some sort of warranty?

Are you sure it's not an app that is writing to the card causing that issue? Try factory resetting the phone (wiping data and all apps)... OR try removing apps one by one (tedious and time consuming).

If the phone has no issues restarting or random rebooting with a factory image, then you know it is hardware. As it stands right now with the symptoms you describe, you cannnot qualitatively ascertain that it is hardware.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilc73