Replacement Volume Rocker!?

jelms

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Yesterday my nexus (GT-I9250M) shut off now it will only reboot to odin mode. I managed to get into safe mode to find that the volume down button is broken which might explain why it only boots in odin mode. After some quick research online I found that replacing the volume rocker is a quick fix and there are plenty available online however the shipping cost on all the sites I've seen so far have ridiculous shipping fees. The least expensive site I found so far was $40 from the US to here in Canada. Assuming that my volume rocker is the problem does anyone know where I can find one with reasonable shipping?

Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's more expensive because of the dogs. You have to feed the dogs a lot of food to be able to pull the sled! How else would it get to Canada?!
To be a bit more serious, make sure the part you get is the right one. I was appaled to learn the power button was entirely different somehow between the GSM and CDMA versions of the phone. I'd hate for you to pick up a part you can't use.

Hi!

Yesterday my nexus (GT-I9250M) shut off now it will only reboot to odin mode. I managed to get into safe mode to find that the volume down button is broken which might explain why it only boots in odin mode. After some quick research online I found that replacing the volume rocker is a quick fix and there are plenty available online however the shipping cost on all the sites I've seen so far have ridiculous shipping fees. The least expensive site I found so far was $40 from the US to here in Canada. Assuming that my volume rocker is the problem does anyone know where I can find one with reasonable shipping?

Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Since the OP is in the Google thead it should be the GSM... but anyway , I show both with free shipping...Hopefully this site isn't weirdly blocked on Canada.
Galaxy Nexus Volume: Replacement Parts & Tools | eBay

$7 free shipping and others for less. If you need help in case it can't be shipped to you. I'll be glad to get it up to you.

I was talking to a guy about the parts compatibility. He had a Verizon phone and ordered the power button from a GSM phone figuring they'd be interchangeable. I guess they weren't.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to a guy about the parts compatibility. He had a Verizon phone and ordered the power button from a GSM phone figuring they'd be interchangeable. I guess they weren't.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
Yeah, I thought the Youtube how-to would be the same as well...ended up breaking the volume switch ! lol . I read the small addendum for GSM models about desoldering about a minute too late! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomeoCatcher