Question reset phone, cannot get out of dont copy old phone data.

scott_hamilton

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I have a oneplus 8 and still going strong. I had a few issues with logging into some apps so I performed a factory reset.

I am going through the android setup and I am asked to copy data from my old phone. I don't want this so I select don't copy, it then checks my account and brings me back to this same page. Clicking next and then I don't have an old phone brings me back to the same page, selecting next and then searching for a non-existant backup brings me back to the same page.

All options bring me back to the same page.

I have done the normal reboot etc.

Is there a way of ending this Android setup? The rest of the phone is all setup and good. Just this popup every day and this continuous cycle.

scott_hamilton

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Update - performed a second factory reset but the issue still remains at the same point in the process.
Reading other posts, they say to go into apps and system apps and disable notifications for android setup. This app is not showing in the system apps.

Any help greatly appreciated

scott_hamilton

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
Thanks B.Diddy
This is how I performed the original hard reset.

I have moved on one small step. It is now on the google services page and 'use basic device backup' Either selected or not selected, I end up back at this page.

I did not do anything different to get out of the previous page loop. Just tried it again and it moved me forward.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks