Resetting preferences

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
When I was on facebook I clicked on a link & the phone asked me if I would like to open the link using Chrome or Internet I clicked chrome the pressed always by accident. How do I reset it as I just wanna use Internet not chrome?

Posted via Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In settings go to system manager then default applications and deselect chrome if it appears there. If not then open application manager scroll to all, then down to chrome clear its defaults and cache and restart the phone.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Chrome wasn't in default applications so I done the other way but default wasn't highlighted so I cleared cashe & data & restarted my phone but it still opens chrome when I click on links on facebook.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Then the setting would be in FB itself try defaults in application manager if you cannot find a setting in FB itself, but be advised you will probably down all default settings for FB if you do it in the App. Personally I prefer to access FB through a browser. I only follow 5 groups

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I found a setting called open link with external browser I clicked it so it was on & it now opens all links with the stock Internet not chrome but can't find any setting so it asks me which browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobi1k