Restart loses battery

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, how often are you restarting? Restating does use a bit of battery but I think its got more to do with it recalibrating how much battery is left than you actually losing that much when you restart. I'm guessing back-to-back restarts would not lose 20% battery. Never tried it though.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Phone is fine. Battery gauge is an approximation during normal use and it reorients itself after a reboot. Tbolts are notorious for this phenomenon.

Last edited:

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The short story, it is not a problem and is normal.

The long story.....
The battery level is gauged mainly by the voltage. The battery voltage jumps up and down with the load on the battery. So the battery percentage the you can read reacts slowly so it does not jump around with the voltage. When you reset the phone, it syncs the percentage to the battery voltage. It is lower because before the reset the gauge was not in sync with the battery at the time, and maybe even because the power used during the reset has the voltage drug down a bit.

It is the reason that companies like to use nearly worthless battery gauges. If you provide too much information, it just means people will fret over it. :D

Reactions: FrankXS

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My thunderbolt loses lke 10% each time I restart the phone. Anybody know the deal?

Charge it to full, restart it 10 times in a row, and report back what the battery level is at. I would be shocked if your battery was anywhere close to dead.

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
My Tbolt used to do that before the MR2 update, now with MR2 it only appears to drop 3-5% (roughly) on a restart. (and like everyone has posted it's not even 100% accurate)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan