Restoring apps after factory reset.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if there was an easier way to re-install apps after a factory reset.

After updating to jellybean, my S3 needed the factory reset, as many have suggested. It has been night and day!

But restoring apps was a pain! I had to go to the store and install them ONE BY ONE! even if all my apps were all listed in the play store, it was really a big pain!

Is there an easier way? Without being rooted of course. My old webOS phones had that ease of restoring My apps after a reset. I was expecting the same here but it didn't.

I am just talking about apps here, and not even the app data that is with the app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sure the easy way is with mybackup pro. You can backup the APKs and some other data without being rooted. A ton of people like Titanium Backup as well, but I think MYBackUp is easier and better.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
no you do not. They both have root features, and that is to backup data which is not needed.

You can use both without root to just backup the APKs

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you can do more as well, but I don't remember what. I am always rooted so I forget. I think you might be able to back up calls, texts, mms and a few other things without root. The biggest things you cannot do is restore data and system settings

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol