Retrieve data/possibly fix phone

11B4V2B

Jul 25, 2022
Visit site
Hey everyone, I had a Galaxy S8 Active.

Last week my phone randomly shut off at 95% and became unresponsive. No matter which buttons I pressed, the phone was a brick...that is until I plugged it in to a power source. After plugging in my phone and what seemed to "jump-start" my phone, I finally got the screen to respond and show the charging symbol and turn on.

The problem is, it would recycle the S8 Active symbol over and over. Show the logo, shut off, turn on, show the logo, shutt off, etc.

After some time, I finally got a new screen to pull up. I entered into the reboot mode. Here, I tried to reboot, power down (which immediately turns back on and goes back to the boot screen), I tried clearing the cache partition, and unfortunately I also restored back to factory.

No matter what, I end back up at the reboot loop.

I filed an insurance claim and got a new phone (galaxy S9), and even restored apps I had on my old phone... but the files I saved within those apps are gone.

Is there anyway I can get this phone able to start, backup, and retrieve those files?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
lI tried clearing the cache partition, and unfortunately I also restored back to factory.

I am so sorry for your difficulties. If you truly restored your s8 Active to the factory default & it reset properly, than your data should be gone from the phone.

There are professional data retrieval services that may be able to do something, but it's very costly.

Did you have any past backups?

Someone smarter than me may have some suggestions.

Last edited: