return of old phone lost in limbo

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had my share of trade-ins and never had this happen. I dutifully printed out the return mailing label for my old Note 20 as part of the trade-in for the s23 ultra. I slapped it on the box and sent it back.

I am now getting tracking information from the carrier, USPS, that the box is sitting in the post office in Lewisville Texas awaiting pickup and has been for about a week. They are urging me to reschedule delivery or it may have to be returned to sender, me.

I call T-Mobile and Samsung, like what's going on? They have no idea. I am not quite sure what to do. The post office doesn't seem to want to deliver it. T-Mobile's affiliate doesn't seem to want to pick it up. And Samsung and T-Mobile know nothing. I have already had the endless and futile calls with T-Mobile and Samsung. Perhaps now I have to call the post office or the third party affiliate, Asurant, although I don't have a phone number for them. More fun.

Is anyone else having this problem?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The problem here is USPS. Enough said

But I'll say more.. have them send it back and get a new return label. Damn USPS

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The problem here is USPS. Enough said

But I'll say more.. have them send it back and get a new return label. Damn USPS

I thought that at first, but early this morning I suddenly got a wave of text messages from TMO acknowledging the return, validating the inspection and applying full credit. Considering the messages began before USPS delivery times and USPS was also closed yesterday, I'm thinking TMO has its own thing going on here. Like telling USPS, "Hey, our contractor's overwhelmed, just hold it at the post office. We'll get to it."

But as long as it is solved, don't care. It would be nice if it were solved sometime before I had to waste a lot of time troubleshooting it. :)

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Others have noticed that some of the USPS tracking numbers used by T-Mobile have been recycled and that may account for some of this?

Just trying to give an option here.

If I find the source if where I heard it, I'll post that.

In the end, glad it wall worked out!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Others have noticed that some of the USPS tracking numbers used by T-Mobile have been recycled and that may account for some of this?

Just trying to give an option here.

If I find the source if where I heard it, I'll post that.

In the end, glad it wall worked out!
I sent my old phone in to ATT via USPS and was later told by ATT that the tracking number given to me was recycled. That was back in October 2022 and I'm still trying to get the issue resolved.

Reactions: monsieurms

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I also questioned this. My 2 phones I sent back were finally picked up at post office in Tx, so I assume Assurance (the company that processes the trade ins) has a system in place to pickup at post office. Furthermore, if you look at the return label on the box, the sender is the same address as the recipient. So in the event they don't pick up in time, USPS will return to sender, in other words, deliver the package to Assurance directly, instead of waiting to be picked up.

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
The post office refused to send my return to Texas because T-Mobile shipping was Air mail, and you can't ship phones via air!
Somehow my Hubby's return slipped through the cracks and made it to Texas, where T-Mobile finally picked it up. I have
possession of my old phone because I don't trust USPS, and I now have to pay for ground shipping. I'm going to try to
return it to the T-Mobile store tomorrow!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC