Return Policy

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I know that verizon offers a 14 day return policy. I hope that starts the day of activation not the date of ordered. Can anyone confirm this

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't confirm this with any proof, but it's definitely the day of activation. You can't have a return policy that would end before you ever even get the phone.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't confirm this with any proof, but it's definitely the day of activation. You can't have a return policy that would end before you ever even get the phone.

i would hope that be the case, but I never preordered a phone like this before.. in the past I ordered a phone on verizonwireless 1 week prior to avtivationg for christmas and was told I had 14 days from date I revcvd the phone .. so just checking with verizon you never know.

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i would hope that be the case, but I never preordered a phone like this before.. in the past I ordered a phone on verizonwireless 1 week prior to avtivationg for christmas and was told I had 14 days from date I revcvd the phone .. so just checking with verizon you never know.

I'm sorry, let me clarify. When I said "activate" I actually meant to say "receive". I forgot that not everyone will activate the device the same day it's received. Otherwise, people can just buy a device, hold on to it until something else comes out and then exchange it.

So, when Verizon ships the device they will know when it's received since they require signature I believe for all preorders. So, whatever day it's signed for at your house, your 14 days begins then.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, let me clarify. When I said "activate" I actually meant to say "receive". I forgot that not everyone will activate the device the same day it's received. Otherwise, people can just buy a device, hold on to it until something else comes out and then exchange it.

So, when Verizon ships the device they will know when it's received since they require signature I believe for all preorders. So, whatever day it's signed for at your house, your 14 days begins then.

Just verified this on a chat with VZW because I'll be out of town when it supposed to be delivered. Will get delivered and signed for at my office but I'll lose about 5 days of the "return" time before I even open the box.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just verified this on a chat with VZW because I'll be out of town when it supposed to be delivered. Will get delivered and signed for at my office but I'll lose about 5 days of the "return" time before I even open the box.

ok thanks thats good to know

LaxinFish29

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Dont forget the upgrade fee of $30 that you pay, and if you return it, you dont get reimbursed for that.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm this that its date of activation, not when you order/pre order device. Restocking fees only apply if it's returned for same device.

LaxinFish29

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm this that its date of activation, not when you order/pre order device. Restocking fees only apply if it's returned for same device.

Just yesterday I returned the droid 4 and went back to my thunderbolt until the SGS3 gets shipped to me and I was charged the restocking fee. Not to mention, I wasnt reimbursed the upgrade fee upon return.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just yesterday I returned the droid 4 and went back to my thunderbolt until the SGS3 gets shipped to me and I was charged the restocking fee. Not to mention, I wasnt reimbursed the upgrade fee upon return.

I missed typed that, I meant that the only time you dont pay a restocking fee is when you return for the same device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair