Returned Nexus 9, Bought New N7 2013 for $150

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
...on Groupon. This is my 2nd N7 '13. Had a couple tablets since I sold it almost a year ago. After evaluating my needs, use-cases, preferences, price, etc., I'm back where I should have stayed.

The N9 is a good concept, but a functional deal-breaker plus general quality shortcomings destroy an already difficult-to-justify price point. Kinda disappointing since I've always associated HTC's mobile devices with solid build quality.

I also looked at tablets by other mfgs, but I'm a big vanilla Android fan. I always end up putting AOSP on non-Nexus devices, but the effort, maintenance & bugs wears on me after awhile. I'm dealing with this w/my current phone. I just want a tablet I can enjoy.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That is a shame. I considered the N9 but decided on the new iPad Air 2 for a number of reasons. Sad to say that reviews have confirmed that I made a good choice.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Was tempted to get a 9, but gonna wait for HTCs tablets that come out next year. I want to see one with Sense on it.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That is a shame. I considered the N9 but decided on the new iPad Air 2 for a number of reasons. Sad to say that reviews have confirmed that I made a good choice.

I purchased the N9, but sent it back because of quality issues. I replaced with the iPad Air 2. Nice tablet, but IOS is boring. I really want an n9 with the quality matching the price.

shinkaide

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on a Nexus 7, and I'm still pretty interested in getting a Nexus 9 in the near future, despite some of the criticisms it's gotten (I'm aiming for the version that fixes the too-flush side buttons and the light bleed issue, just to be clear). My line of thinking on this is that while the N7's been nothing but great for me, I could definitely use a larger screen with a not-widescreen aspect ratio.

I guess this is more of a personal use case thing: I've found myself using my tablet to read magazines and surf the net a whole lot more than I do watching videos, so there's that. If HTC doesn't come out with their own-brand tablet early next year, I'll likely end up with an N9.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
3 days after ordering, this Groupon buy, my first, is finally in transit. And who knows when I'll get it.

Been spoiled by Amazon Prime. With a dist ctr nearby, I often get "2-day free shipping" stuff overnight if ordered early the day before.

As a tech wh0re, gotta evaluate if the savings is worth the delay to me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma