[REVIEW] Anker Soundcore Life Q20 ANC Headphones

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
https://youtu.be/Q077DhMzuiU

Anker has been making their audio products under the Soundcore name for quite a while, and I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing quite a few of them. They make everything from Bluetooth speakers, to wireless earphones, all the way to alarm clocks and true wireless earbuds. One of the best things about the Soundcore experience is that their products are well made, priced well, and hit well outside of their price category – which is one of the major reasons I’m a big fan of their products. Soundcore was nice enough to send these out for me to review, and these are my thoughts and impressions on the new Soundcore Life Q20, by Anker.

20190909_090114.jpg

Presentation: The Soundcore Life Q20 are a really solid pair of earphones that are super comfortable. One of the first things that I noticed was the incredibly soft earmuff style pieces that rest on your ears. This isn’t something that I usually harp on, but it feels like those super soft fluffy dolls/toys that they have at the vendors in the mall. I don’t know what they’re called but you can squeeze them and they’re so soft, like marshmallows and then they bounce back into shape. Well, the earphones on this headset feel like that, mixed with clouds and awesomeness. They are seriously the softest and most comfortable material I’ve ever experienced on headphones, which goes A LONG WAY with me. The rest of the experience is straight forward. There aren’t any flashy bells and whistles, and everything is positioned well ergonomically, and easy to use. The left side is the power button and the Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) button, and the right side has the multi-function button and volume up/down buttons, as well as the charging port, which is something you don’t need to often because it has 30-40hrs of playback time, depending on whether you use noise cancellation or not.

20190909_090126.jpg

Specs:
- Dual 40mm drivers
- 3hrs to charge from dead battery
- 30hrs of playtime on ANC mode
- 40hrs of playtime on normal listening mode
- 30hrs Playtime connected with cable and ANC mode
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Amazing, stable connection up to 49.21ft – they almost made it to my mailbox with my phone in my bedroom!
- Comes with auxiliary cable and MicroUSB charging cable (no power brick)

20190909_090245.jpg

Performance: The Soundcore Life Q20 are a solid set of headphones with a very good listening experience. I wish that they got louder, but this seems to be a recurring thing with noise cancelling headphones. I’m not sure why the EQ adjust, and the volume doesn’t really excel in noise cancelling mode, but it definitely does a great job cancelling noise so you can really enjoy your music or any other form of media. The Life Q20 have BassUp technology, which is easily accessed by a quick double-press of the multi-function button and kicks the bass up a notch. The bass isn’t overwhelming, but there is a clear and enjoyable bass sound that definitely sounds more prominent and boomy when you turn on BassUp mode. Vocals and mids are solid and have good range, and don’t distort. I think the best way of describing the sound experience is as full, and fairly complete. It doesn’t seem like any particular area of the sound spectrum is lacking, whether that’s bass, mids, or highs, it’s just not super loud. Then again, my wife finds them perfectly loud, I’m just half-deaf and a sound junkie so I really like to turn it up. Another nice feature is the ability to plug in the included 3.5mm auxiliary cord so you can straight pipe your tunes from your headphone jack, which is a real pleasure if you have a QuadDAC HiFi device like an LG G8 phone – which I happen to have – which gives you an even better, more crisp and enjoyable sound experience. Overall, I’m quite happy with the performance and the sound experience in the Q20s.

20190909_090140.jpg

Active Noise Cancelling: The Active Noise Cancellation feature is really nice. I didn’t think too much of it at first because I wasn’t using the Q20s in an environment where it mattered, but my wife had to turn in the other night and I was having to be quiet and use the headphones for the rest of the evening and I found out how amazing the feature really is. My wife likes to sleep with the oscillating fan on high for the noise, which is fine… but it really does make a lot of background noise. In addition to being able to hear the whir of the fan and also my own breathing as I was listening to some YouTube videos, as is usual with normal headphones, I decided to click on the ANC button and then it was like the snap on Avengers: Infinity War, when Thanos wakes up in the pool of water and everything is silent. I was totally impressed and had one of those “wow” moments with these headphones. The outside noise went like 80% silent and I couldn’t even hear the fan anymore except for the faintest of noise, which I had to try to listen for, and the sound experience became crystal clear. When I had tried it the first time in a loud environment with a lot of things going on, I wasn’t overly impressed, but in the right elements (like a plane, or laying in bed when, it’s prime time for the ANC feature and it works like a champ!

20190909_090150.jpg

Conclusion: The Soundcore Life Q20 are a nice set of headphones that have a solid sound experience and active noise cancellation, all for $59, which is really impressive. These headphones are definitely worth their price tag and even compete well with the $70-100 headphone competition. I give them two thumbs up, and definitely give them a solid recommend if you’re in the mood for a nice set of lounging or travelling headphones and don’t want to spend a fortune. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

If you’re interested in picking up a pair of the Soundcore Life Q20 ANC headphones, you can find them on Amazon, for $59.99, complete with Prime 2-day shipping if you’re a Prime member – https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-Bl...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6637057 - As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy