Review OTAO Note 8 Double Strong Screen Protector

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

I've been having trouble getting a good screen protector for my Note 8. Actually I always have trouble with screen protectors. The issue is that I am just not good at the installation and I can never get it on quite right and without dust or air bubbles or other annoying things. Well OTAO has taken away this problem by including several tools in the box with their Tempered Glass screen protector. They include of course an alcohol wipe, and microfiber cloth, BUT they also include a sticky paper for getting rid of any remaining dust AND a "guide" that fits over your phone and grantees a perfect placement.

After carefully prepping my phone with the wipe, cloth and sticky paper, I placed the guide over the phone. I then dropped it in to place. PERFECT on the first attempt! There was a small air pocket that was easily pushed out with my fingers. On the device the screen protector feels solidly attached and perfectly curves with the phone. It works well with my case on or off. And taking the case off and on does not harm the protector in any way. It's on there! I notice no difference in the responsiveness of the screen.

I highly recommend this screen protector for your Note 8! You can find it at Amazon......

https://www.amazon.com/Coverage-Tem...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6118225

I made a video of the installation “guide” piece.

Last edited:

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Was just looking for some tempered glass may give this one a shot. How well is the touch response do you have to press hard when your typing? How long have you had it?

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Was just looking for some tempered glass may give this one a shot. How well is the touch response do you have to press hard when your typing? How long have you had it?

I've had it for almost a week. Touch response is fine, I don't notice any issues. My Note 8 is as responsive as before I had a screen protector on it. :) It also looks good on, with no rainbow effect as on some screen protectors. You don't even notice it UNLESS you look at the far edges. It works well with the patchworks case I own.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had it for almost a week. Touch response is fine, I don't notice any issues. My Note 8 is as responsive as before I had a screen protector on it. :) It also looks good on, with no rainbow effect as on some screen protectors. You don't even notice it UNLESS you look at the far edges. It works well with the patchworks case I own.

Awesome, great review. Is there a dot matrix on this one? The Otao on my S8 had that issue, but it's not a deal breaker.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, great review. Is there a dot matrix on this one? The Otao on my S8 had that issue, but it's not a deal breaker.

Yea I had the S8 one also, it had the rainbow effect too, BUT this one is devoid of both. You can hardly tell it's on! Spend the extra buck!

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this one 100% adhesive coverage or just the edges?

I believe just the edges, BUT I did not actually feel under it. It appears to be on there pretty securely. Also screen function is fantastic, and in no way impaired.