Right now have a Bold 9900 looking to switch to Android

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I am looking into making the switch to a different phone. As the title states I have a Bold 9900and worried about the future of RIM. I could wait for the BB10 but that may never come to fruition. I have researched the Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 900), the iPhone 4s, and the HTC One X. I have had an iPhone 4 prior to the Blackberry, an iPhone 3g, and an Xperia X10.

The X10 really left a sour taste in my mouth and turned me off the Droid platform. I am willing to give it another shot. Judging by the reviews and other blogs, the HTC One X looks to be a pretty impressive phone. I played around with it at my local Rogers store. I came away relatively satisfied by it.

However, I read some of the issues on this forum site and starting to feel a little skeptical. Any recommendations? I know it's based on my needs and wants, but what have you guys noticed? How the owners that have a Mac computer at home. Are you able to get your itunes music on the One X? Thanks.

rick717

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Torch, wife has the 9900. Been using BB for a long time. But, like you a little bit worried about RIM. I'd like an idea of what to buy now myself. Read all about the One X, Lumia, Titan II and iphone. Not really crazy about the iPhone....have never been an Apple person. The Titan II seems to be pretty good (Window Phone), I haven't read a lot of complaints about it. Lumia had some problems when it was released, but from what I've read, it seems to have straightened out. I always like Nokia. The One X looks really nice, but there have been a lot of problems in the forums I've read. I'm especially worried about multitasking. With the BB I can keep email, docs to go and a website I need all open at once. Just click the BB key and switch between them. I don't think it can be done with the One X. From what I've read, when you switch apps, it closes the app you are switch from and you have to start all over again. That would not work for me at all. Also, the BB email I would miss...it just can't be beat. But I have yet to get a good answer about how the One Xs' email works...I just can't lose emails.

So far it looks like the Windows phone comes closest to the BB, as far as multitasking is concerned. From what I've read when you switch apps, the OS basically suspends the app you are switching from. But, when you switch back, you're right where you were. Perfect.

I just hate it the RIM is going thru this...I always loved my BBs. Never had the first bit of trouble, never dropped calls. Just always worked, day in day out.

I looked at the Samsung III but, my wife had a Samsung and had to send it back twice. Even the the call quality was terrible. Looked up Samsung call quality yesterday to see if Samsung had fixed their call quality and all I got was "Samsung is notorious for dropping calls and poor call quality"...that knocks the III out. Shame, I love their TVs.

Hope someone answers soon...both for you and me.

rick717

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and now there is a rumor in Finland that Samsung may be buying a controlling interest in Nokia...figures. I'd probably have to go with the Titan II then.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23