Ringtones & notifications by scene

sugarhi980

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
So, after searching the web for an answer, I'd like to pose this question to everyone here. Are you able to save ringtones and notifications with scenes that you have created??

I recently switched from BB to the Eris (loving the change so far!). The thing I miss about the BB was that with each theme, I was able to customize my ringtones & notifications. For example, when it was in "work" theme, everything was silenced.

I have created a few different scenes for my Eris, but I haven't been able to figure out how to set ringtones & notifications (and volume levels for both) to be associated with those scenes. When I change the ringtone on one scene, and switch to another scene, it still has that same ringtone. Does anyone know if it's possible to associate notifications with scenes? Or am I doomed to have to go into my settings each time I switch scenes and manually change everything?

Mahalo for your feedback!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, you could get the application Locale, which lets you set various options based on where you are, among other criteria (also battery status, so you can set brightness down to the lowest level, or turn off WiFi, stuff like that.) Anyway, two of the things that you can change are ringtones and volume. I'm not sure about notifications, but you can set it so that when you are at work, it changes the ringtone to something (or, alternatively, set defaults to be what you want at work and set the changes for when you are at home.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelvinbrooklyn