• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Rip Off Britain?

A

AC Question

I have just bought a Galaxy S5 to replace a 10 year old Nokia. I bought on-line as I wanted to keep my old contract and number. It was a very good price as the S6 has been announced. The phone is very nice but when I tried to register it with Samsung UK the Model type code was not listed. The warranty book is world-wide it has a UK (Yately) sticker but Samsung Euorope are not interested. Its not a fake, and came from Italy and was described as a European model.
My son also has an S5 identical in every respect but tied to a UK service provider and costing almost twice as much. I only use a mobile when I travel away from home but wanted this to save taking a PC on an extended trip to N.America for its internet and on-line capability.
As an International Company when almost all their products are manufactured outside of the E U I do not know how they get away it. I doubt it will go wrong

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know what the exact model number of the device is?