Rmhd this year of kit kat update and Verizon security update

filmsquad

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Greetings. Almost two years now with the rmhd. Its been a fun ride. It wasn't until this year that big red decided to give us scraps from long shanks table and give us a kitkat update and a few months down a bigred sec. Update. With that being said some weird stuff has been happening to my rmhd.
Now mind you its a great phone ,im proud of the long battery life. I watch everything on my rmhd and still have juice leftover from the day. Every night at work I have someone complaining that their battery is dying, and what do I do? I pull out my phone and check my battery status and say I'm good and give a big smile to him/her haha I'm an ahole.lol
Back to the issue on hand. So after all the updates, three issues have been occurring. First one is blue screen flashes. I'm doing something on my phone and all of a sudden blue seizure like screen flashes happen and then the program quits.
Second . I'm on my phone , suddenly the screen ( hard to describe) thin dissolving lines appear dissolving the screen to black. The screen is still on but black. So I hit the power button to lock the screen and its back to normal.
So the first two issues happened randomly with different apps ,no particular one.
Third issue happened last night. My phone was draining the battery a lot and the phone was very off, apps were no acting normally I want to say non responsive but not sluggish( that would be just clearing the cache which I do to make it faster again.) A few hours later my SD card became damaged, lost all the stored data. So I had to unmount and mount and reformat. After that sdcard operated normally.
After thinking about what's been said about and going on lately about big red(Verizon). It got me thinking that bigred is trying to break my phone down slowly to upgrade and give up my unlimited data. Spy on me ,throttling my data,which Verizon said they will not do from now on. I know that some apps might be the culprit of this but who knows. Lol I don't know where I'm going with this theory but I just want to get feedback on the main three issues. Thanks for reading, venting done!

Last edited:

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Greetings. Almost two years now with the rmhd. Its been a fun ride. It wasn't until this year that big red decided to give us scraps from long shanks table and give us a kitkat update and a few months down a bigred sec. Update. With that being said some weird stuff has been happening to my rmhd.
Now mind you its a great phone ,im proud of the long battery life. I watch everything on my rmhd and still have juice leftover from the day. Every night at work I have someone complaining that their battery is dying, and what do I do? I pull out my phone and check my battery status and say I'm good and give a big smile to him/her haha I'm an ahole.lol
Back to the issue on hand. So after all the updates, three issues have been occurring. First one is blue screen flashes. I'm doing something on my phone and all of a sudden blue seizure like screen flashes happen and then the program quits.
Second . I'm on my phone , suddenly the screen ( hard to describe) thin dissolving lines appear dissolving the screen to black. The screen is still on but black. So I hit the power button to lock the screen and its back to normal.
So the first two issues happened randomly with different apps ,no particular one.
Third issue happened last night. My phone was draining the battery a lot and the phone was very off, apps were no acting normally I want to say non responsive but not sluggish( that would be just clearing the cache which I do to make it faster again.) A few hours later my SD card became damaged, lost all the stored data. So I had to unmount and mount and reformat. After that sdcard operated normally.
After thinking about what's been said about and going on lately about big red(Verizon). It got me thinking that bigred is trying to break my phone down slowly to upgrade and give up my unlimited data. Spy on me ,throttling my data,which Verizon said they will not do from now on. I know that some apps might be the culprit of this but who knows. Lol I don't know where I'm going with this theory but I just want to get feedback on the main three issues. Thanks for reading, venting done!
My RMHD has been acting up the past couple of months. I am getting blue lines, streaks, that will happen when touching certain parts of the screen. However, it will go away after a reboot. Also the battery life is weaker than it used to be, but it's almost 2 years old now. I am thinking of updating to the Droid Turbo in a couple of weeks.

ad71122844e90287da430afd0b66cf69.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Mine has been doing the blue flashing and sort of fade-out to black screen thing too.
Seems that having the same "Problems", on so far 3 different phones,is suspect. :( What are the odds we are running the same apps causing this ?
I've also had sluggishness and last time I tried to reboot into recovery my screen locked up with a prone android figure on the screen, with a chest door open and a warning triangle. Had to hold the power button down for a while to force it to reboot.
Been looking at replacement , possible Turbo , but I'm leary because even though I'm supposedly in a solid 4G LTE city I'm usually only 3G or 1X unless I'm closer to one of the colleges (or Verizon store). I don't want another HTC Thunderbolt experience.

filmsquad

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm done with rmhd rob-d bit the bullet on an s5. So far it's OK. But I have another upgrade soon in April so I might go back to the turbo. Who knows maybe an s6