robertparker app - virus??

mimimoomoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this app called RobertParker on my phone and found there is an legit app about wine!! I knew I'd never downloaded that and this app won't delete. I contacted them they say they only have an iphone app - so clearly this is a bad'un. AVG hasn't detected anything wrong. I don't know how long it's been on my phone, but can't find any info anywhere else about it. I will have to reset all my security passwords now - fortunately they are all really obscure.. and factory reset my device and lose all my data!! any other suggestions before I do that??

I tried to uninstall the app using settings, uninstall but it just refuses to budge. :mad: :mad:

Any other virus apps I could try that may be more effective than AVG?

Thanks for helping.

MiMi

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a legitimate app included on some carrier devices when you purchased it. The reason you probably might not find it in the market, is it seems it was developed specifically for carriers .

The reason you can't uninstall it, is that your device must have "root" access to remove any carrier bloatware....uhhh useful bonus apps. ;)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, what a strange app to be bloatware. Games, assorted media consumption apps, etc. I can understand, but, an app about wine? That's just weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones