Incredibly (de)Bloated v1.0

Features:

• Removed all Verizon bloatware
  • Deodexed
  • Zip-Aligned
  • Busybox
  • Root w/superuser
  • Task Killer Tweak
  • Includes your choice of jcase's stock, or overclocked (1.65ghz) rooted kernels

For S-Off users only!

Download

***Links dead due to megaupload shut down***

Incredibly Debloated v1.0 w/Stock Kernel:

Incredibly Debloated v1.0 w/OC Kernel:

To install:

1. Download one of the attached .zip files, your choice between stock and overclocked kernels, and place on your sdcard.
2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery if you haven't already done so.
3. It is recommended that you backup whichever settings, data, and apps that you would like to keep with My BackupPro or similar program.
Code:
adb reboot recovery
or turn off the device, and power-on+volume down to enter bootloader, select recovery.
5. Once you are in recovery, it is highly recommended that you execute a nandroid back-up.
6. It is also highly recommended that you wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
7. Choose "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" -> locate and select the .zip that you placed on your sdcard earlier, and confirm.
8. It will take a minute or so to install, after it has installed, return to the main menu, and select "reboot system now"
9. Once booted, it is important to go to menu -> Settings -> Applications -> and uncheck "Fast Boot"
10. Reboot

That's it, you're done! Enjoy your first Inc2 ROM!

Note: As usual, use at your own risk, I am not responsible for any bricked devices.

Special thanks to jcase for his work on the kernels!

Last edited by a moderator:

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
in step 4: is that what you type in MS command prompt?

Also, why is it "important" to uncheck "fast boot"?

This is ROM won't work, yet, until we get the instructions on how to do the "S-off" correct?

Thanks again.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, so who's tried this? What do you think of it? With all the posts I've read about people upset there was not root I though there would have been posts by now.

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

This is ROM won't work, yet, until we get the instructions on how to do the "S-off" correct?

Thanks again.

Fast boot -> reboot gives you access to some root-required apps.

sashazur

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][6-23-11] Incredibly Debloated v1.0 - Rooted w/Stock or

Awesome! Does this have a fix for the compass glitch that's a known problem in Inc 2? Compass apps work fine, but map apps get north and south reversed. You can see it by playing with Google Sky Map, or fire up Google Maps and watch the little blue arrow while you turn in a circle.

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! Does this have a fix for the compass glitch that's a known problem in Inc 2? Compass apps work fine, but map apps get north and south reversed. You can see it by playing with Google Sky Map, or fire up Google Maps and watch the little blue arrow while you turn in a circle.

No. This bug, among others, will be fixed in the Gingerbread update.

Posted from my unrootable HTC Droid Incredible 2

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Gunther, how close would u say everything is with root? I've never rooted. My bro has the original dinc and is rooted. He said to wait and what happens is I just get a file. I then unzip it and it roots for me? I think he said there's a website that has root stuff for HTC phones. I don't remember what it is tho. But does that sound right? So I would just then install ur Rom after rooting it like that? Newbie here obviously. Just wondering how far off this root is for the dinc2.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone else having trouble getting the file to download? I haven't been able to actually download the file yet. I'm just getting prepared. I already have ClockWorkMod.

Htimez2

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks again.
there is an s-off made by alpharevX and it works great, and yes you must root first, and it is important to take off fast boot.

Htimez2

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone else having trouble getting the file to download? I haven't been able to actually download the file yet. I'm just getting prepared. I already have ClockWorkMod.

Try to download with Fileserve download manager and download one at a time and should work fine.

Htimez2

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Gunther, how close would u say everything is with root? I've never rooted. My bro has the original dinc and is rooted. He said to wait and what happens is I just get a file. I then unzip it and it roots for me? I think he said there's a website that has root stuff for HTC phones. I don't remember what it is tho. But does that sound right? So I would just then install ur Rom after rooting it like that? Newbie here obviously. Just wondering how far off this root is for the dinc2.

Root and S-off is already out, made by AlphaRevX for HTC Droid Incredible 2. I suggest following the Directions on this link HTC Incredible 2: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

BradleyGZ

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Does this ROM still have Sense? What are the differences? OC Kernals and no bloatware?

Thanks
Brad

Htimez2

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Just fyi installing this made my phone freeze at white htc screen, luckily I was able to fix it.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

ConnorCG

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I installed the overclocked ROM, but I still have all the default Verizon bloat.

xgunther

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

Just fyi installing this made my phone freeze at white htc screen, luckily I was able to fix it.

How did you fix it? Some users have reported the same issue.

Htimez2

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I had the exact same problem, and I was luckily able to fix it, and it happened twice and only on this ROM, every other rom I have tried worked fine, but this one will make your phone freeze at the white HTC screen. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz