[ROM] aospCM7 2.3.4 6/01 (latest version download)

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm posting this for anyone who wants to flash this rom (Yes I know IHO and Ath3nos exist, but this is a very stable and good ROM)

first of all. This is NOT a full how to.

You should already have your phone rooted. and ONLY ROOTED WITH THE OFFICIAL SUPPORTED METHOD that is stickied at the top of this forum.

the next EASIEST step is download Rom Manager and flash the recovery to your phone by tapping Flash Recovery (while rooted) and select Optimus V.

now after you did that. TOTALLY IGNORE ROM MANAGER AND DONT TOUCH IT ANYMORE.

here are the things youll need.

1. The actual ROM itself. aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

2. the Gapps. gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

3. The Camera Focus Fix Fix_Camera_Focus.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

First step is to download all 3 files. put them on your SD card of the phone. DO NOT UNZIP THEM

boot into recovery (you can do this from inside rom manager, its safe.) and once your in recovery, use the volume buttons and the camera button to move around and select items.

scroll to advanced, select it, and select Wipe Dalvik Cache. now press back and go into the main menu again if your not there already, and select Wipe Cache Partition, after thats done, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

now your phone is ready to flash the new rom.

select install zip from sdcard

select "choose zip from sdcard"

youll see a list of all the folders that are on the sd card and at the bottom you will see the rom you put there, as well as the gapps file.

select the rom, select yes to flash it. it will complete normally.

now, go back and select choose zip from sdcard, and flash the gapps file right after the rom.

now, flash the camera fix zip. right after the gapps. THIS IS OPTIONAL, NOT REQUIRED. however you can do it if you want. i do not have this flashed on my phone and i have NO camera problems, and im using the exact rom .zip file that is linked to download.

ok, now you can reboot your phone and you will launch into aospCM7.

it will ask you to sign in to google account, but you have to click skip becuase the on screen keyboard will not come up.

now, open the app drawer, go to the market, and sign into your google account THERE.

now, download your apps, sync your contacts, set the settings how you like. and enjoy aosp cm 7

IM POSTING THIS BECUASE THESE FILES NEED TO BE IN ONE PLACE AND EASY TO FIND. right now they are scattered around this forum. not fair to someone who wants this rom.

some people will tell you ath3nos is better, others will say IHO is better. whats for sure is that now you have to ability to download and try ALL of them.

ive been using this rom since it was released. with no problems. in fact, i installed it that night. and have not even re installed it since. I try other roms but I nandroid backup my current rom and restore it back. so thats not a re install.

ok, now whoever wants to chime in can, I suggest first person to reply should detail the steps for making a nandroid backup in ClockWorkMod cuz i gotta go, cant stick around to type anymore :D

Last edited:

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] aospCM7 (current build download)

Im not sure how ROM Manager works before having a rom installed. But couldent you?
1. Install ROM Manager
2. Select Optimus V
3. Install ClockWorkMod Recovery
4. Go to manual override from menu settings
5. Select Optimus 1
6. Go to downloads and get AOSP and have ROM Manager automatically flash the 6/1 Build
Note: I installed my ROM the old way without ROM Manager, but this way should be more noob friendly for those bearly coming in. Correct me if im wrong somewhere here.
Also: The AOSP ROM for Optimus V is under Optimus 1 because the manifest is messed up or something, so dont worry about it being for the wrong phone, thats where i get the new builds from.

Reactions: pre

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Im not sure how ROM Manager works before having a rom installed

good info to have here. I know its under optimus one. but most people dont. and Ive had trouble with rom manager "automatically" flashing roms. didnt want to suggest a method that hasnt been 100% successful for myself.

this thread was for the people who go to the official aosp thread and download the old build and have to dig through comments for the new files, and even dig through comments just to find out that you can manually override rom manager and find it there as well.

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

NANDROID BACKUP

A Nandroid Backup should be done anytime you try something new, even if it seems harmless. Do them 100% of the time before you flash anything.

(1) Boot into your chosen recovery. (I like the Xionia recovery) From the powered down state hold: HOME, VOL. DOWN, and POWER until you see a quick flash of the LG screen, then let go.
(2) Click "Backup and Restore"
(3) Click "Backup"
(4) Wait while it does it's thing.

That's it, now you have a complete backup of your entire system.

Last edited:
Reactions: pre

darkeagle

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you watsky!! I've been looking all over for the rom, and I found your post. My rom manager was having connection issues, and this was all I needed. :D

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I literally spent HOURS yesterday trying to install a custom ROM on my rooted O. Holy mackerel. I was ready to throw the phone through the window. :'( I finally was able to restore a backup right before I went to bed. This morning, I thought I'd give it another try. Within 10 minutes, I've got this ROM installed and I'm now in the process of adding my apps back. YAY! (Do I know what I am doing yet? Well.. that's debatable, but at least after all of my "troubles" yesterday, I think I've learned more of the lingo.) ;)

Edited to add: Thank you!!!

New_Droid

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Does this recovery work with this ROM or with ath3nos's that you know of. I wasn't sure if that was for the V since it says S, however I've been seeing people using some sort of recovery like that on their phone.

Thanks a lot for compiling all the updated link into one post as well.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Does this recovery work with this ROM or with ath3nos's that you know of. I wasn't sure if that was for the V since it says S, however I've been seeing people using some sort of recovery like that on their phone.

it might work, but we know that clockworkmod FOR SURE works and flashing that recovery to the V is easier than going through adb or terminal emulator.

for anyone who wants 2.3.4 and wants the easiest way to do it, the easiest way is flashing CWM recovery with rom manager, and flashing the rom manually with these downloads

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I've flashed every ROM out there, except for the new IHO, for the V with Xionia. It works with them all.

The ROM Manager recovery pissed me off because I downloaded the broken one at first like a noob. So I flashed Xionia through ADB and haven't looked back.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've flashed every ROM out there, except for the new IHO, for the V with Xionia. It works with them all.

The ROM Manager recovery pissed me off because I downloaded the broken one at first like a noob. So I flashed Xionia through ADB and haven't looked back.

I've been using Xionia too, but it does have problems with incomplete wipes sometimes. Something to do with partitions being set up differently on the V. I always make sure to wipe at least twice.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

chris1324

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a question.... I'm trying to use clockmod recovery to flash the Tom
But it reboots to a blue screen and it says fastboot. Idk what to do I rooted the phone with gingerbreak. Any help?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a question.... I'm trying to use clockmod recovery to flash the Tom
But it reboots to a blue screen and it says fastboot. Idk what to do I rooted the phone with gingerbreak. Any help?

sorry man you used an untested root method. only one method has been shown to root the optimus V 100% and safely and you chose another way that has been reported to cause issues like this.

everyone who reports a reboot loop always ends up saying they rooted their phone with some OTHER method than the official method. (shell root+manually push bosybox and su through ADB)

New_Droid

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Could I use titanium back up to recover my apps and such? After flashing this ROM. How would I go about doing that, backing up apps/data with titanium back up?

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Could I use titanium back up to recover my apps and such? After flashing this ROM. How would I go about doing that, backing up apps/data with titanium back up?

Yup,before you flash go to titanium backup and click the middle backup/restore tab. Then hit the menu button and click batch. Then under the backup section ur going to see backup user apps. Click run.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Yup,before you flash go to titanium backup and click the middle backup/restore tab. Then hit the menu button and click batch. Then under the backup section ur going to see backup user apps. Click run.

Do not restore system files tho.
I repeat do not restore system files.
That can cause problems if you restore system files from one rom to another.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
To many horror storys with rom manager, and i could never get clockworkmod to flash ****, nothing but a error. Moved to x recovery and flashed perfectly.

Is this any different then the 6-1 CAMFIX build?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To many horror storys with rom manager, and i could never get clockworkmod to flash ****, nothing but a error. Moved to x recovery and flashed perfectly.

Is this any different then the 6-1 CAMFIX build?

90% of all problems related to Rom Manager not installing properly fall back on the PEBKAC.
People also have to know Rom Manager doesnt do a two part install like is required for GB roms currently.
ESP. CM built roms, Google has a license restricting the use of gapps. You are not suppose to package them inside a rom like CM style roms.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say you also tried to install asop via Rom Manager during the whole asopgate. That was not a problem of Rom Manager but asop not converting the manifest after Rom Manager added support for our phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali