- CyanogenMod Gingerbread Port. CM7 unofficial. Gingerbread 2.3.7. For ZVD Baseband phones. Will not work with ZVH official Gingerbread phones. Let me repeat For ZVD Baseband phones. Check your baseband before installing this by looking at Settings/about phone/Baseband. Could be zvd or mvd. If it says anything else like ZVH you will not have data or phone service. Look for the ZVD downgrade thread by sfhub. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html Make sure your 3G data, calls, and GPS work prior to flashing this. Get rooted and install Xionia Recovery or Team Hydro cwm Recovery.
I've been wanting to make a few builds since Zefie stopped, and finally have a few built using Inferior Human Organs (IHO) sources and Drew's Kernel. Nothing too customized, just syncing with IHO repo. similar to where ath3nos left off. The goal of this rom was to be just a lean barebones version, but i added the latest full sync I built. Dealing with CM7 nightly updates, things get fixed and also broken at the same time. So please report any bugs you encounter.
So far its the lastest sync with the InferiorHumanOrgans Gingerbread and CM7 branches. 9/25 + builds use IHO-BobZhome's kernel. 8/31-9/22 builds have drewwalton19216801's Xionia Redux kernel.
- 8/25/11 - till present changelogs. http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34347&stc=1&d=1344878219
- 1/1/2012 .Added Gingerkernel camera bug fix. See: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...aven-12-22-2011-zvd-only-153.html#post1528365
- 1/9/2012 * offline charging fixed see post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...aven-12-22-2011-zvd-only-157.html#post1545516
- 1/10/2012 repackaged 12/12 build with the new offline charging (thanks TDM and adfad66) BobZhome 3.6 kernel
- 1/12/2012 new test build out. PM if you would to test. Bobzhome 3.6 kernel,offline charging,Notification dropdown customizing by Jerryscript,latest CM7 syncADB over network support,Holo ring options in lockscreen.
- 1/16/2012 latest build. See post for the big update. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...thekraven-12-22-zvd-only-165.html#post1560813
- 2/4/2012 test build PM for link.Latest CM7 sync,new features, blade lockscreen rings, ICS rotations and animations, scrolling cache options for smoother interface, reduce bluetooth connection delay, lockscreen alignment right option.fixes for notification swipes.BobZhome 3.7 kernel --enable swap(support for a2sd swap) and BT HID(support for BT keyboards and mice),PM me if you would like to give it a try.
- 2/7/2012 test build. No more Sprint bootanimation, removed bootloader from reboot menu, reverted to 1/16 bluetooth IHO files. download below http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...raven-1-16-2012-zvd-only-188.html#post1595092
- 2/13/2012 Added new barebones based on 2/7 build
- 3/7/2012 builds, sync with cm 7.2 RC1. Jerryscript market fix and notification background changer. Fixes for ICS screen rotations, fixes for landscape alarm freezing .. see post for links http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...kraven-2-7-2012-zvd-only-213.html#post1642880
- 3/9/2012 build.. fixes camera shutter mute sound.
- 4/10/2012 added Setting.apk with baseband id. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...kraven-2-7-2012-zvd-only-234.html#post1701046
- 4/10/2012 added new headphone only audiofix. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-s-thekraven-3-9-zvd-only-95.html#post1714150
- More indepth 7.2 changelogs here: https://raw.github.com/CyanogenMod/a...CHANGELOG.mkdn.
- Most features are included some we don't support just yet.
- FM app doesn't work. Part of the CM7 apps that get installed with a full build.
- Handset mic not working when headphones plugged in.. Currently working on this as of 12/23. PM for testing details.
- USB tethering is not working in Windows 7 testing. PDAnet USB tethering works.
- If having market trouble try out the new Market zip in fixes.
- Some have reported USB media not working, Looking at logs and trying to find what's giving the trouble.
When charging CM7, the phone will boot up. It's a bug that will never get fixed due to lack of LG sources. To prevent this, Reboot to recovery to charge.fixed 1-9-2012
Two versions. One is a full IHO build, and the other is a barebones English only build. The Barebones has no wallpapers, minimal ringtones, no FM, smaller English only keyboard, removed bootanimation, removed language files (kept English and Spanish).
1. Full CM7/IHO sync Stable builds.
- 3-9 build Goo.im Downloads - Downloading 3.9.2012a-cm72RC1-IHO-Kraven-thunderc_LS670-signed.zip Mirror 1 https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7tYmKVsZzWzaFVSVzhTb3pFQmc
- 2-7-2012 . 2.7.2012-cm72-IHO-Kraven-signed.zip md5 c86001365872d8d82253bf1702ca8eba
- also flash 2-7 boot.img afterwards, this allows for full reboots when plugged in. 2.7.CM7.offline.charge.booting.bootimg2.zip
- 1-16-2012 new build 1.16.2012d-cm7.2-IHO-Kraven-signed.zip
- Old builds below and can be found in my Mediafile folder linked below.
3. Google Apps.. required. Choose and download onto your SDcard. . .
- 1. keeps old faster market . gapps-gb-20110613-BobZ.zip
- 2. Latest official Google Apps. 8-28-2011 Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
- 3. Latest Google Market 3.3.12 and Google appss. 11/19/2011 by Temesak gapps-gb-20111119-237-signed.zip
- 4 Latest Google Market 3.3.12 and google apps with VVM and AOSP MMS included in the flash. This should save a step if wanting Visual Voice mail. gapps-20111119-with VVM fix.zip
- 5 12/14 Google Apps with the new google market 3.4.4 thanks to temasek gapps-gb-20111214-237-signed.zip
- 6 12/14 Google apps with 3.4.4 market and VVM fix. gapps-20111214-with.VVM.fix.zip
- 7. 1/16/2012 Google apps gapps-gb-20120116-237-signed.zip
- 8 If having Market download problems. Get the app Marketfix on the market.
HOTFIXES : old hotfixes are now at the bottom of this post.
- 1. Xionia Redux keypad fix. Flash this after flashing the XioniaRedux kernel. http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...-thekraven-10-10-2011-keypadfixfor.xredux.zip
- 2. If the market force closes, let it load it's graphics first before moving around in the market. If having trouble with downloads, try the new market here. http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...optimus-s-thekraven-9-29-2011-market3.1.6.zip
- 3.Gmail Sync, make sure it is checked in settings/accounts/ <your account> . Also clear Gmail data in settings/applications.
- 4. Debug system zip file. This wipes the system data if you are having any force closures after installing. So boot into your custom recovery, do your wipe data, cache, format boot, data, system. Then flash this debug zip. Then flash the ROM, flash the google apps, and reboot. http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zef...s/custom/archive/Debug/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
- 5. For faster and stable wifi tethering use Wifi tether: Grab the latest Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting Ask if you need help setting up. Otherwise the built in version works fine also.
- 6. GPS fixes. Uses the AGPS patcher by crypted . If option 1 , gpsfix2.zip, works stay with it. If not, move to Gpsfix3.zip. If you still can't get a signal, make sure Gps is turned on in settings and clear data in Google maps, then reboot.
- Newest 3.1 AGPS fixes agps.patch.lg.build.v3.1.zip
Version B (adjusted intermediate accuracy) agps.patch.lg.build.v3.1b.zip
Version C (more gps servers) agps.patch.lg.build.v3.1C.zip
- old fixes gpsfix2.zip GPSfix2.zip
- old fixes gpsfix3.zip GPSfix3b.zip
- Old fix file using only gps.conf to add servers. http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15292&stc=1&d=1316654684
- This option fixed a non working GPS for one user. Requires flashing the VD update.zip. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-s-thekraven-11-07-2011-a-89.html#post1395054
- This last option is untested, but requires a sprint rom (stock VD or Reborn should work)
- In the dialer, dial: ##72786# (##SCRTN#)
- Your phone will ask for a security number. This is the MSL. Input it here.
- After it has rebooted, test your GPS in the Sprint based Rom to make sure it works. If you need to, follow these steps again.
- While you are there, go to settings > about phone > updates > update PRL.
- After the PRL is updated, go back to the updates and hit update profile.
- Once the profile is updated either reboot into Xionia recovery then
- Flash your backup of CyanogenMod 7 or proceed to install the latest CM7 Rom, include doing all the data wipes.
- 7. Sprint Visual voice mail. If you don't want to use Google voice, Flash this in recovery to install VVM and working MMS VVMCM7fix.zip Fix made from Visual voice mail users now have a fix for 9016 constant texts. Replaces the MMS with one in this post and install that VVM also xda-developers - View Single Post - Need help w/CM7 and voice mail issues... What am I supposed to install? (Sprint)
- Added VVM fix for 11/7 users. Just has the build.prop edited and added to the VVM flash zip. VVMCM7fix.11.7.zip
- 8. 12/8 Video Cam fix. flash in recovery. 12.8.Camerafix1-signed.zip
- 9. 12/8 MMS fix http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...ptimus-s-thekraven-12-8-2011-12-8.mmsfix1.zip
- 10 12/12 Permission fix Minor UPDATE for 12/12 builds. This should fix some permissions that were missing. Just flash in recovery.12.12.update1.zip
Both install just the same. READ the top of this post again ZVD only. Check, double check, ask on these forums or search for help.
1. Backup apps with Titanium Backup, and SMS messages with SMSbackup.
2. Download and copy the Rom to you SDcard.
3. Download Google apps and place onto your SDcard. Download the Debug-System format zip. Here: http://files.mysticmidnight.net/zef...s/custom/archive/Debug/Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip
4. Reboot into your custom recovery... I recommend Xionia http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-4-a.html
5. Backup (nandroid) your current setup... always do this in Recovery
6. Still in recovery, prepare your phone to flash the new Rom. Wipe Cache, then under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache. NOW FLASH THE Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip. This just makes sure you formatted the system of all old data.
7. Now go back the main menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" and choose my latest KRAVEN Rom you downloaded.
8. Now flash the Google apps zip you downloaded via "install zip from sdcard" again.
9. Reboot your phone
10. Sign in and setup your phone.
11. Download Titanium backup from the market and restore apps, but not system apps.
So give them a try and list any bugs and success stories.
BATTERY LIFE TIPS
Use any of them without harm. I use the SetCPU profiles provided by KSmithInNY. 600 max/245 min
- 1. SetCPU profiles by KSmithinNY http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/101386-how-setcpu-profiles.html
- 2. Collin ph battery tweak http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...hacks/102280-mod-collin_ph-battery-tweak.html
- 3. CM7 battery tips
New BobZhome's IHO 3.3 kernel recompiled (3.4). Thanks to BobZhome and Mrg for the update. BobZhome_kernel33_gcc452.zip
Use the best ones that are optimized for CM7 gingerbread. Test each one that suits your needs. If keypad buttons are switched, grab the keypad fix in Hotfixes.
- 1. GingerKernel v06.2 by drewwalton19216801. Be sure to turn off CM7 screen off and on animations prior to installing,With current builds the camera is white, Overall smooth transitions throught CM7, GPS locks fast,
- 2. Now included in latest builds Kernel IHO 3.3 by BobZhome. Includes correct keypad for Optimus S. Fixes gameplay graphics and OC capabilities. Has multi-touch patch included. Headset button fix. Ondemand, Smartass2, InteractiveX governors.
Old versions IHO-kernelv3.1-sprint.zip and IHO-kernelv3a-sprint2.zip
- 3. Xionia Redux Good idle and minimal drop with wifi and bad phone signal. Gaming has graphical errors. Can be identified via QPST if doing prl updates manually. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...cm7-xioniaredux-2-6-32-33-ck2-08312011-a.html
- 4. GingerKernel Rel 1. Battery gets hot on calls and while charging. Fixes any gaming graphical errors and gameplay. Slow response from wake, but needs lower speed moved up from 122. Currently running and trying to tame this beast. .
- 5. GingerKernel Rel 3. Works fine with ZVD and CM7, Give it a few days to settle. Gaming works well with this kernel.
- 6. Picasticks v7 kernel. Seems to running fine. Game graphics work. Comes overclocked so you will need to bump it down and set to ondemand for better battery life.
1. Search on the market for CM7 MDPI
2. List of themes that are made for CM7 and our MDPI resolution Themes for Optimus One - UPDATED WITH CM7 THEMES ! - xda-developers
3. I might port over some of my dialers and working on a Swype beta theme tutorial if i have time. So if you see anything you like, just ask. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-dialers-2-2-reborn-2-1-swype-metamorphs.html
4. Black Google Voice with green lettering -- blackgreengooglevoice4.2.32.apk See pic below.
6. Do it yourself at the UOT kitchen UOT Kitchen. Kitchen
7. Center clock mod via CM7 patcher will be added download rom section.
8. Bootanimations. Look for ones made for MDPI screens and push to /system/media with a File explorer with root.
Here is the CM7 one bootanimation.zip
R2D2 one: bootanimation.zip
9. Search for CM7 theme chooser on the market or on XDA
TMO THeme Chooser Themes works with the CM7 built in theme switcher
Honey Cream by rori~ https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tmobile.theme.Honeycream&feature=search_result
10. Circle battery theme chooser made on the UOT kitchen with Cyanbread themechooser file. UOTCyanCircle.battery.apk
1. Reflash any of the Froyo Sprint based Roms and do a PRL update
2. Use QPST to manually update to the latest PRL. See here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...4-prl-swap-v-vm-latest-prl-sprint-towers.html . You may have to flash to Xionia Redux kernel to use QPST while booted in CM7. Other wise try booting into recovery to make changes if using IHO-BobZhome's 3.1 kernel.
WIFI or 3G internet calling when your signal is bad or have to watch minutes.
- Use a paid app Grooveip in the market
- Use Sipdroid from the market to setup with Google voice. Helpful vid for setting this up Free WIFI / VOIP calls using your Android device by a free hosted SIP server. - YouTube thanks gannon5197
SEE in my Mediafile folder for old builds
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
OLD hotfixes and mods
1. Gps servers. THis gpsfix.zip file adds 2 more servers to gps.conf file. Should work for any ROM. The original file gets me locked in 30 seconds. This new one should help a tiny bit. http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15292&stc=1&d=1316654684
Donations always accepted. Donut fund.
A big Thanks to all below and whoever decides to give this Rom a try.
ath3nos for keeping CM7 alive
drewwalton19216801 best CM7 Rom and Kernal
Blarf for all the groundwork and debugging and the IHO crew
JerryScript for his great tutorial on setting up Ubuntu and porting CM7
Nick7 for all the theme tutorials and all the work on Reborn Rom.