[ROM][CWM] Stock/Deodexed/Debloated

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
what does Deodexed mean?

Someone else could probably explain it better. Basically it allows for many parts of a rom to be themed real easy. changing fonts, colors, and probably all kinds of other things.

It has something to do with how all the parts of an application package is put together in one place. For example some apk files will have a odex file that is associated with it.

If you go look in the system/app folder of a deodexed rom you wont find those separate odex files

Reactions: carzaddict

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
so kind of like taking a bunch of CSS files and putting them all into one master file?

this is just for themes? does it make any difference in functionality?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
so kind of like taking a bunch of CSS files and putting them all into one master file?

this is just for themes? does it make any difference in functionality?

It has some minor disadvantage. The odex file has to do with how quickly it builds the dalvik cache. The first time using a deodexed rom it will take a while to boot when you wipe dalvik cache. But as the dalvik cache builds up then its not an issue on other boots. So this really isn't a disadvantage until you decide to wipe the dalvik cache and have to wait long to boot up. I don't know of any other affects.

But yeah the sole purpose is for the ability to make modifications.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As a noob, have yet to enter the ROMing fray yet.. So here's a simple Q: If I've already rooted, frozen whatever bloat I didn't want, and use a non-stock launcher, are there any advantages to be gained from using the debloated ROM? What else does it offer besides a basic stock experience minus bloat?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
As a noob, have yet to enter the ROMing fray yet.. So here's a simple Q: If I've already rooted, frozen whatever bloat I didn't want, and use a non-stock launcher, are there any advantages to be gained from using the debloated ROM? What else does it offer besides a basic stock experience minus bloat?

No advantage I can think of at this time. Eventually the rom will evolve overtime and the answer to your question might be much different sooner or later.

It's possible it will evolve to where blur is phased out. But it will be flexible enough to where you could add certain blur components back in via their Liberty Toolbox.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what I was assuming. Sounds good I'm looking forward to seeing what the big ROM fuss is about when some good ones start being released :) Thanks!

BringItSon

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
will the debloated version have basic apps??

Like Car dock mode app. Calander App. Task list app and etc...

If not, how can i install those stock apps on debloated version?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal