[ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I sugest tryind AreaRomQ v2.1 over at AndroidArea51.com it has two overclocked kernels also!! I love it...
My benchmarks are above 4500 with antutu...

Sent from my LGL55C with AreaRomQ V2.1 at 876mhz using Tapatalk 2

David Brosemer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
so ive downloaded the rom. unzipped it on the sd card. did the clearing. when i try to update the rom, it dosent see the boot part of it so it never lets me go to starting. just for grins i have the zipped file there also, it dosent like that either. What am i missing?

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
You need to have a custom recovery if ypu do you need the original zip he has posted

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
You're gonna need a rooted phone, recovery, and then you boot into recovery to install. Read the stickied thread on how to do all this on the index of this forum

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

cyndi wingo

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok let start by saying I love this rom! I've been using it for about a month, but I left my tether running over night Friday so my daughter could use my Wi-Fi and all of the sudden all incoming calls come in as unknown even numbers that are in my ccontacts. Could you please help me with this? Like I said i absolutly love this rom and I really don't wanna change it but I guess I will if I have to. Thanks for your time

Last edited by a moderator:

ImmortalZod

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I replaced the boot.img in the EngdroidQ rom with the one from the stock Slider rom using winrar without extracting anything so I guess there shouldn't be any problems. I'll edit this post later with my results. If it does work, will it get mentioned on the first post? I'll test drive it and report any bugs I find, and I'll provide a link to the rom if anything, if that's ok with amazinglarry of course :)

Edit1: It works flawlessly. Just had to replace the boot.img with the Slider one, and edited the build.prop a bit so the device is recognized as the Slider, and I also had to install GingerKernel with it to fix wifi.

If I had someone's permission, I'd like to share it. This rom is pretty godlike, for now :)

Edit2: How can I switch the baseband for one from the Slider? Is that even possible?

Can I have the files or can you tell me what you edited so I can put this rom on my slider?