ROM issues on G-Nex

jroch75

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have tried flashing three different ROMs (Redemption, Liquid & AOKP) on my G-Nex. All three of them were missing the notification bar & soft keys once I was done flashing. Can someone please tell me what I could be doing wrong?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Are flashing any themes after wards. Usually a bad theme can wipe out the notification bar. Why not flash back to stock then redl a os and start from scratch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I have tried flashing three different ROMs (Redemption, Liquid & AOKP) on my G-Nex. All three of them were missing the notification bar & soft keys once I was done flashing. Can someone please tell me what I could be doing wrong?

Are you following the directions for flashing each of these roms(wipe data,clear cache/dalvik)? My experience is some funky things can happen if you don't. Also maybe try a reboot. If you are flashing additional mods it seems to work better if you flash whatever rom and gapps, then reboot system, then go back to recovery and flash any mods or themes. Hope this helps I am still pretty new to all of this stuff too though:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
At bare minimum you should be wiping cache partition & dalvik cache. Most recommend a full data wipe, but some like to avoid this because it causes you to loose all your data (like a factory reset). This is known as a dirty wipe or dirty flash. It works most of the time but can have ill effects afterwards.

Why your loosing the notification bar I'm not really sure.

1. Do your wipes.
2. Flash the ROM & GAPPS (if required) before leaving recovery
3. Do a boot up and shutdown before making any other changes by means of flashing mods, kernels, etc.
4. Any mods or themes you flash over the top of existing ROM, MUST be compatible with that ROM or things like the notification bar and other strange things can occur.
5. Since there are 3 versions of GNex out there.. Verizon's GNex/GSM (TMobile/AT &T and International) and now Sprint's GNex make sure your flashing the correct ROM/kernels/themes/mods for your device. Sometimes devs don't do the best job at clearly marking which download is for which device.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wipe everything, wipe always... C'mon.
Every single OP for the ROMs instructs you to wipe data coming from any other ROM. Get in the habit of reading the OPs and following instructions or your going to have a hard time at this stuff.

K not trying to beat on you, lol.. Consider it tough love :)

i didn't do any wipes or clearing any caches. should i do this before or after flashing the rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eSudo