ROM Manager

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
My Fascinate is rooted, and I tried using ROM Manager to download and flash a new rom. After the ROM downloads, it tells me it will reboot to recovery mode but nothing at all happens.
When I even try to reboot into recovery mode from ROM Manager, nothing happens at all.
When I try to go to recovery mode by holding down the down volume and power button, it just gets a screen that says "downloading do not turn off power to target"

any ideas how I can load a ROM?

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
In more words, you must flash CWM via Odin. This is the only way it will work for you. Also.. once doing so you can manually go into recovery WITH the battery in the phone by holding down power and volume toggle until you see SAMSUNG in white flash twice, and then let go. Then choose sdcard:update.zip. This will bring you to CWM Recovery.

MonkeyGrass

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
That depends, what are trying to do?

Get to DL30 leak?

Custom Kernel?

Custom ROM?

That will determine what you need to d/l with Odin, although the stock DI01 full restore package is always the best place to start if you are going to start tinkering with custom stuff.

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
That depends, what are trying to do?

Get to DL30 leak?

Custom Kernel?

Custom ROM?

That will determine what you need to d/l with Odin, although the stock DI01 full restore package is always the best place to start if you are going to start tinkering with custom stuff.

was thinking the DL30 leak

MonkeyGrass

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The definitely get the full Odin DI01 factory restore file then.

You'll also need whatever version of DL30 you want, and the new CWM (green). Links are all over here and other SF sites.

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
well all this is useless, unless there is a solution to get all this to work on a Mac....the system does not see the phone through VMWare virtual machine of windows.... :(

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
well all this is useless, unless there is a solution to get all this to work on a Mac....the system does not see the phone through VMWare virtual machine of windows.... :(

I'm a Mac user, and I have a Special Windows Laptop that I use when I don't run special stuff like Odin on a VM on the Mac.

But, your windows VM should recognize the phone when it's connected to the Mac, provided that you have installed the Samsung drivers on to the VMWare guest OS. You should see a dialog box asking you which OS you want to connect it to if you connect it to USB while the guest Windows OS is running.

The Special Windows Laptop is really a good option to have if you want to get into this stuff. Though I've never had a problem running ANYTHING in a Windows VM on the Mac, using a native Windows laptop eliminates a potential point of failure if things aren't working right. My Special Windows Laptop is an older Dell Inspiron with a Celeron processor. It would probably cost about $75 if purchased used today.

Good luck!

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Mac user, and I have a Special Windows Laptop that I use when I don't run special stuff like Odin on a VM on the Mac.

But, your windows VM should recognize the phone when it's connected to the Mac, provided that you have installed the Samsung drivers on to the VMWare guest OS. You should see a dialog box asking you which OS you want to connect it to if you connect it to USB while the guest Windows OS is running.

The Special Windows Laptop is really a good option to have if you want to get into this stuff. Though I've never had a problem running ANYTHING in a Windows VM on the Mac, using a native Windows laptop eliminates a potential point of failure if things aren't working right. My Special Windows Laptop is an older Dell Inspiron with a Celeron processor. It would probably cost about $75 if purchased used today.

Good luck!
Nope, no dialog of choosing an OS...though with Windows VM running, the mac does not see the phone.....hhhmmm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mirador