Root and retrieve deleted data from Android 11

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy running Android 11. Several of my texts were deleted and I'd like to try to retrieve them. I did not have anything backed up so the cloud won't save me. I've read, unlocking bootloader is necessary to root, but by doing so, all data is wiped, included internal storage where deleted texts are. Are there any programs/software that could retrieve the texts without unlocking and rooting? Is there a way to unlock bootloader and root without data loss?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are there any programs/software that could retrieve the texts without unlocking and rooting?

Unfortunately, not likely. The messages are stored in a protected area that is only accessible by the messaging apps or root access. Also - even if you COULD get to it the file is an SQLite database and you'd need to know how to read/deal with it and hope that the data hasn't already been overwritten.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.