Root and ROM flash help

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't consider myself as a noob to rooting and flashing a custom ROM, but it seems like the LG Optimus S is by far the hardest handset to root and flash. I have flashed a NS4G, TP2, TP, Diamond, and Touch. Is there anyone who is willing to help me get mine rooted? I have read through the fourms and with the amount of links and different processes in which to use. If so please PM me or contribute to this thread. I'm currently running the following: Android 2.3.3, Build ZVH.41FEDAD5, SW Version LS670ZVH. If aynone would be willing to help it would be more than helpful. Thanks in advance to anyone able to help.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
All the phones are similarly difficult if the manufacturer/Google have patched all know root exploits. If you had tried to flash Evo3D before they found the new exploits, you'd feel similar frustration. If you had been here a month ago, with the ZVD software, it would have been basically one-click rooting. Back in the ZV9 days it was also one-click rooting.

Once the manufacturer/Google patches a root exploit (like GingerBreak), you either need to figure out a different way to root or just throw your hands up and say we can't root until the next exploit is found.

Since you already have the ZVH update, you'll need to revert to ZVD first (in my signature), then follow the ZVH rooting instructions in my signature.

When you revert, look in the reference section of that post for the substitutions to use for reverting to ZVD. The post is written for ZV9, but the process is the same for ZVD, just with some different filenames.

beathookup

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Reading through all of that makes my head spin, jumping from post to post. I guess I'll have to take sometime this week one night and reread all of this again. Inserting PATH's and messing with CMD I'm really not fimilar with. Any idea if there is a fix so that it can be rooted as easy as before?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it can be anywhere from tomorrow to never for a new generic Android/Linux exploit to come out. I think we waited for around 3 months for GingerBreak to come out.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know anybody working on an exploit specifically for Optimus S, but I'm sure there are people looking for generic Android/Linux exploits all the time.

I don't understand your other question of flashing from ZVH or ZVD. ZVH is not rootable as of now.

If you meant is it better to stick with ZVD or ZVH, ZVD will have less issues. ZVH has GingerBread features, but introduces some issues, that may or may not affect you.