Root Before GB on TB

TBolt55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I asked the same question earlier since I was contemplating root, and the general consensus was that its still unknown whether or not the exploits currently used to root will be patched. So I made the choice to go ahead and root and now Im running 2.3.4 :) I can already tell the choice to root was the best thing Ive done with my phone so far. If you're apprehensive about rooting I highly suggest the Revolutionary method found here :

How to Root - HTC Thunderbolt (No Data Wipe! Newest & Fastest) - YouTube

It is completely first time rooter friendly, and easy to follow and understand and is what I used.

Reactions: swade8

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I asked the same question earlier since I was contemplating root, and the general consensus was that its still unknown whether or not the exploits currently used to root will be patched. So I made the choice to go ahead and root and now Im running 2.3.4 :) I can already tell the choice to root was the best thing Ive done with my phone so far. If you're apprehensive about rooting I highly suggest the Revolutionary method found here :

How to Root - HTC Thunderbolt (No Data Wipe! Newest & Fastest) - YouTube

It is completely first time rooter friendly, and easy to follow and understand and is what I used.

Great... Thanks for the response... I had heard some time ago to do it before the Official GB came out via OTA, but hadn't heard anything in some time now.. so that question was on my mind, considering how more and more people keep saying that Verizon's OTA, is coming "Soon"... as was the same when the Thunderbolt was to be released too... "Soon"... lol :)

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Have they came up with a way to revert to stock for the Revolutionary method? Last I saw you could not unroot if you needed to return the phone. The ways posted in the stickies are actually very simple and easy IF you follow the directions. Even I could do it!

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

flyingduck88

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Have they came up with a way to revert to stock for the Revolutionary method? Last I saw you could not unroot if you needed to return the phone. The ways posted in the stickies are actually very simple and easy IF you follow the directions. Even I could do it!

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Your answer is in the stickys at the top. It works great! Already sent one back with NO problems.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...unroot-windows-updated-5-20-w-mr1-update.html

Last edited:

flyingduck88

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Unroot for revolutionary is different than the sticky you pointed out. It takes an extra step but you can unroot from revolutionary.[/QUOTE

You're right. I have been reading SOOO many forums and posts lately I just glanced over that part of the question. I'm trying to find the last unroot method I used. It was a one click process that worked awesome. I used it for the second TB I sent back. I still have the file but can't remember where I found it. It is a TB_Auto_unroot file.
I'll keep looking and if I find it I will post back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692