Root Exlorer help needed

YelloJeep

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I am very new to Android and Root Explorer. When an instruction says "navigate to /sdcard/" I'm stumped. "How" do I navigate in Root Explorer? Are there any instructions anywhere?

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I am very new to Android and Root Explorer. When an instruction says "navigate to /sdcard/" I'm stumped. "How" do I navigate in Root Explorer? Are there any instructions anywhere?

It all depends on what this is sprecisely foron the computer or actually in root explorer. It means at the base of the sd card/root. Right when you first click removable space on the computer, or for root explorer, right when it pops up. Most of the time its to copy things there for easy access in cmd or terminal so you dont have to type in accessive commands. :p

if i helped please hit thank you! all is appreciated! sent from my Lg Optimus S using tapatalk

YelloJeep

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's a guide for removing apps using Root Explorer... its for the Thunderbolt but is the same thing on every phone. (Except for the files that can be removed)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...afe-remove-once-rooted-how-put-them-back.html
It includes pictures so it should basically help you see visually what's going on in the app step by step.
If you have any other questions... feel free to ask.

I understand the above stuff. I want to know how to operate / navigate in Root Explorer. I understand "what" to do...I can't figure out "How" to do it in Root Explorer. How do I leave the root directory and get to the SDcard?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
As soon as you open the app... scroll down to where it says SD Card. Everything is in alphabetical order. If you're just looking for a simple File Manager... use Astro File Manager in the android market.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Like Cyber said, just scroll down and select /sdcard.

Navigating to the /sdcard just means to make sure you are in that directory, and not anything else, i.e. /system, /data, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcunado109