Rooted, flashed CWM with Odin, and then installed Rom Manager and currently stuck...

som3on3_10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
Build Number: SCH-I500.EA28

Rooted following these steps: Newbie Guide to Rooting the Fascinate - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Then installed Clockworkmod and Rom Manager following these steps: Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers

Now my vibrate doesn't work at all. I know this is due to my kernel/rom combination, but when I try to flash to a different rom or kernel in Rom Manager, it seems like it works, but once my phone boots back up, it's as if nothing happened. Is there something that I'm missing? Sorry I am pretty new to this so bare with me. TIA.:) Edit: And another thing, now I can't even mount my phone to my pc, it reads my phone as a CD drive.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
Build Number: SCH-I500.EA28

Rooted following these steps: Newbie Guide to Rooting the Fascinate - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Then installed Clockworkmod and Rom Manager following these steps: Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers

Now my vibrate doesn't work at all. I know this is due to my kernel/rom combination, but when I try to flash to a different rom or kernel in Rom Manager, it seems like it works, but once my phone boots back up, it's as if nothing happened. Is there something that I'm missing? Sorry I am pretty new to this so bare with me. TIA.:) Edit: And another thing, now I can't even mount my phone to my pc, it reads my phone as a CD drive.

ok so im assuming you have a mac? and when you boot into clockwork recovery what color are the words?

Reactions: som3on3_10

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No I have a PC. The words are red. They were green I believe, but I did some googling and since I was on CWM 3.0.0.8 I followed you steps in post #2 and now the words are red: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-hacks/64938-flash-clockworkmod-recovery.html

ok great now flash the kernel you wanted,,,if not we can use one of my packaged froyo builds or superclean roms

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-2-27-a.html

which will do everything for you in one shot

cwm 3.x only accepts coding called edify,,,,, and most the fascinate stuff is something called Amend so thats most likely why it didnt work...if you need more help just let me know. no need to go all over the net, Stick with AC and we will help you out

som3on3_10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok sweet, I'll give this a shot in the morning. I'm starting to see double from googling all night hehe It's kinda funny, most of the posts that I found while googling were from you. Pretty cool that my first post on AC was answered by none other than yourself. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens tomorrow. Thanks again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok sweet, I'll give this a shot in the morning. I'm starting to see double from googling all night hehe It's kinda funny, most of the posts that I found while googling were from you. Pretty cool that my first post on AC was answered by none other than yourself. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens tomorrow. Thanks again.

Lol i dont know if thats a good thing, i hope it is . otherwise it just means i have to much time on my hands (Hold your tongues people :D lol).

I sleep during the day and am on from late after noon till the wee hours of the morning. But there are plenty of talented people on our site that can help you , most of which that are much smarter than I.

Have a good night rest those eyes

som3on3_10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Trust me it's a very good thing that there are peeps like you out there sharing the knowledge. Hey BTW, I wanted to ask you, when I download the kernel that I want and when it takes me the red words "CwM Voodoo LagFix Recovery v2.5.1.x" screen what do I select? I tried "-reboot system now" but that did nothing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Trust me it's a very good thing that there are peeps like you out there sharing the knowledge. Hey BTW, I wanted to ask you, when I download the kernel that I want and when it takes me the red words "CwM Voodoo LagFix Recovery v2.5.1.x" screen what do I select? I tried "-reboot system now" but that did nothing.

are you downloading it from rom manager or are you downloading it from your computer and placing it on your sdcard

if you are placing it on your sdcard yourself, then from with in cwm

you scroll to install zip from sd(power button to select) then select choose zip from sdcard, then select the kernel zip file you want select it, hit yes, when it is completed , hit the search button to go back, then hit the power button to reboot system

let me investigate how to do it if you downloaded it from rom manager, i have not done that in months

som3on3_10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am downloading from Rom Manager, but I believe it is being saved to my sdcard because i can find it in the clockworkmod/download/deodexed.com/ROMManagerManifest/jt1134/DJ05_clean-0.9.zip location. However, when I try to flash this particular ROM, I'm getting a "E:Syntax error in update script Installation aborted." Weird, anywhoo, I'm really going to bed now. I'll update tomorrow, thanks for all of your help. Much appreciated, but I have a feeling I will need your assistance some more tomorrow. =]

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am downloading from Rom Manager, but I believe it is being saved to my sdcard because i can find it in the clockworkmod/download/deodexed.com/ROMManagerManifest/jt1134/DJ05_clean-0.9.zip location. However, when I try to flash this particular ROM, I'm getting a "E:Syntax error in update script Installation aborted." Weird, anywhoo, I'm really going to bed now. I'll update tomorrow, thanks for all of your help. Much appreciated, but I have a feeling I will need your assistance some more tomorrow. =]

just use my odin packages and you will be set :D,, lol good night

som3on3_10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues mounting my phone to my pc and for some freakin reason everytime that I plug my phone into my pc, it freakin reboots my pc. I know the first step here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html says that I have to download and place the update.zip file on sdcard, is there a workaround? Edit: ok sorry I just saw your response above, for some reason after my pc re-booted my previous post disappeared...weird. Sweet, I'll proceed and let u know what happens.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues mounting my phone to my pc and for some freakin reason everytime that I plug my phone into my pc, it freakin reboots my pc. I know the first step here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html says that I have to download and place the update.zip file on sdcard, is there a workaround? Edit: ok sorry I just saw your response above, for some reason after my pc re-booted my previous post disappeared...weird. Sweet, I'll proceed and let u know what happens.

DXC said to skip the step of putting update.zip on your sd card for now. Just go with the rest of it and we will deal with your connection problem after that. You don't need update.zip to install the ODIN packages, you will use it later if you want to flash a ROM, theme, kernel, or add-on by itself.

som3on3_10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
And btw, do I choose the latest EB01 file such as 2.8? Or is it just a matter of preference? Which one would u recommend for a noob like me? =]

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And btw, do I choose the latest EB01 file such as 2.8? Or is it just a matter of preference? Which one would u recommend for a noob like me? =]

It's all a matter of preference. Do you want all the verizon apps such as vz nav, vcast video, etc? Go with stock or deodexed/debloated. If you don't want that stuff and never use it, the go with superclean 2.8

som3on3_10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It worked!!! Droidxcon and Landshark you guys are awesome. Man my phone is SOOOO much faster. Is there anything else that I need to do or am I done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny