rooted gingerbread issues

Jay20

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
so I just got my Inspire 4G rooted/gingerbreaded, and I notice that it says "H" on the top with two arrows, is it still on 4G? Also, on my speed tests, the last 4 looked to be slow, with the most recent dload at 1.98 Mbps, upload at .34Mbps and a 223 ping. The one before it had slightly higher numbers but a ping of 807. Also, how do I change the lockscreen? It has a different lockscreen than regular screen, and I don't like the clock on the lockscreen. Also, on the desk clock, altho its night right now, it has a shining sun with a different temperature than on the home screen. It is the CoreDroid 6.7. Also, how do I restore the original default or put Cyanogen for Inspire 4G on it?

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
To install any ROM, you have to do a fresh install all over again just how you got CoreDroid on your phone.

Backup your data, with Titanium Backup Pro, or similar, place CM7 on ROOT of your phone and install using ClockworkMod.

Be sure to wipe data for a clean install.

once you're back up, be sure to go check CyanogenMod forums for the most current radio that enables HSUPA and fixes other issues like Wifi signal.

Need more help, head on over to XDA Developers and read through the threads.

Jay20

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
so I re-rooted my Inspire 4G, and downloaded the 1.84.502.11 radio rooted/SL from XDA. Then I installed CM7, 7.0.3. to be exact, and I noticed the speed tests were always slower. Last week, before I unrooted/restored to stock original, I had it rooted but before I got 1.84. I thought this time, after putting 1.84, CM7 should be as fast or faster. But it was not. I usually got good <200 pings, but download speeds of 2-2.9, uploads a little higher than one. With 1.84 rooted/SL, I've often gotten speeds higher than 7 to download, as on the last 4 tests, and have had quite a few download speeds higher than 10 with 1.84 stock rooted/SL. I'm in NYC. With CM7 today, I tried editing the APN settings per what I saw on XDA, to no avail.

Can someone tell me why? What custom ROMS can I get which will be leaner AND faster than stock? I love CyanogenMod's layouts, themes, customization, but cannot stand the slower speeds. Could it be that custom ROMs are optimized for Desire HDs and not Inspire 4G's? I already tried CoreDroid, and not only was it slow, but had terrible battery life. I also want a ROM that has good maps, gps, wi-fi, as few bugs as possible. I really do want gingerbread, but it should be fast, as the Gingerbread man was. Another issue with CM7 was that sometimes, it would lose all data capabilities, the blue H and bars would go white, and when I'd try speed test, it would go to Houston TX for a server.

Also, is there gonna be a CM custom made for the Inspire 4G, not the Desire HD? They may be similar but they are not the same, and even tho I'm a n00b, I cannot help but think that has something to do with this. Could it be that CM hasn't yet been optimized for HSPA+ "4G" yet?

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You should check out gingerbeast if you like the AOSP style roms. I have never had problems with download speeds or anything for that matter. It's a very solid ROM.

Sent from my HTC Inspire

Jay20

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You should check out gingerbeast if you like the AOSP style roms. I have never had problems with download speeds or anything for that matter. It's a very solid ROM.

Sent from my HTC Inspire
what do you mean asop style roms? I did have coredroid 6.6, not the latest. Also, what will i do when att actually DOES go 4g? Ive flashed roms quite a few times, is it bad for my phone to do it too much?

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
what do you mean asop style roms? I did have coredroid 6.6, not the latest. Also, what will i do when att actually DOES go 4g? Ive flashed roms quite a few times, is it bad for my phone to do it too much?

AOSP (Android Open Source Project) Roms where its clean Gingerbread, no bloat. These phones don't have 4G capability. More like 3G Enhanced speeds from AT&T's backhaul (HSPA+).

When a new radio comes out, the android community posts them on its Wiki for HTC Inspire 4G, also known as the HTC Ace.

Its not bad, just that you have to be careful of flashing radios because some people have been known to brick their devices when installing them incorrectly in hBoot.

Jay20

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
AOSP (Android Open Source Project) Roms where its clean Gingerbread, no bloat. These phones don't have 4G capability. More like 3G Enhanced speeds from AT&T's backhaul (HSPA+).

When a new radio comes out, the android community posts them on its Wiki for HTC Inspire 4G, also known as the HTC Ace.

Its not bad, just that you have to be careful of flashing radios because some people have been known to brick their devices when installing them incorrectly in hBoot.
whats a good GB rom which can make full use of the 1.84.502.11 (HSPA+ or HSUPA) update from HTC? Inspired Ace? Can i use rom manager to dload/install it without risking brick?

Last edited:

reidrdj

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to properly install the recommended radio for Ginger beast? Im not familiar with installing radios.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo