Rooted phone did factory reset now semi bricked, what can I do?

A

AC Question

Rooted phone did factory reset now semi bricked

Hi i rooted my phone everything was working fine...then i removed some of the google play services...suddenly i couldn't install some apps...so i did a factory reset..

now it boots and starts the setup (clock date ,wifi etc..) and then as its about to complete setup screen goes black and it says "unfortunately google play services has stopped" then is goes back to the last working page (EULA & Diagnostic DATA)

imsta

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Rooted phone did factory reset now semi bricked

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini

Build : KOT49H.G800FXXU1ANH2

Ive already tried Wipe Data & Cache

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central!

A factory reset doesn't actually restore changes made to the /system partition, which is what is causing your issue (Google Play Services related apps are stored there).

Depending on what phone you have, you'll need to reflash the original software. The process is different for each phone, so we'd need to know what phone you have to suggest what to do next.

As an aside, this is why it's important to do a Nandroid backup with a custom recovery like TWRP whenever making system-level changes to your device.

imsta

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I did the backup with titanium but i dont know how to use it without using the GUI

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Titanum Backups are not the same as Nandroid backups.

TiBU backups up your apps. A Nandroid backup through recovery backs up the entire phone.

imsta

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

ok...but what should i do with the problem at hand...I found the stockware ....but there are several different for the : G800FXXU1ANH2

With different operators for diff countries dunno which one I should DL the phone was bought in germany but as far as I know not locked to an operator....can i install any of the stockware with the same Build and then just root it if its operator locked>>??

imsta

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys

I flashed the stock rom the phone is now working....if anybody has a similar problem and stumbles upon this thread...go to the forum on sammobile.com

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got it working again.

For future reference, if you root again, install a custom recovery and then you can nandroid backup your entire phone so you have a backup in case you do something wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513