Rooting a Sprint Samsung Intercept?...where to find the files?

blackhawk7188

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a Palm Pre to a Sprint Samsung Intercept. I am new to Android but when I had my Pre I had it overclocked to 1.0GHz using the UberKernel in WebOS. I have done research and have found threads on how to root this phone to overclock it, but the links to files seem to be broken and I can never download them.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas it would be greatly appreciated, or even the files themselves, that would be awesome.

I am running FroYo 2.2 stock from Sprint on this phone.

Thanks in advance.

blackhawk7188

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
[APP][ABANDONED] z4mod - xda-developers

Try Z4 root, it should get the job done.

I had to look up Z4root online and got the file. Z4Mod is the program that runs on the root being opened. But regretfully...it did not work. I tried the temporary and the perm., both just sat saying "running exploit to obtain root access" for about 20 minutes and I gave up. If it takes longer than that...i dont have the time or patience for that.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

blackhawk7188

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I might be better off going back to WebOS. It seems that noone knows how to root this phone. I have read forums all over the 'net and people say they have and then boom they dont have root abilities. So much for an Open source OS.