Rooting Awareness

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My little brother is getting an optimus s off eBay but if it comes with zvj is it still possible to root it he wants hydro rom and I said you better hope it is root-able. Will he be able to root if it comes pre-loaded with zvj
Sent from futuristic optimus s

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Downgrade to zvd, root that and go from there. The official froyo downgrade zip will flash from stock recovery as it is signed by LG

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand if it comes with zvj it has stock recovery. If the previous owner flashed stock zvj with a custom recovery the radio would be broken. If it has custom recovery though you should be able to download a superuser zip place it on sdcard through pc and flash it in recovery to get super user running

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
How it may not have stock recovery

You do not need stock recovery to flash the ZVD downgrade zip
You flash the ZVD downgrade zip twice. The first flash will bring him down to zvd with a mismatch radio. After first flash boot into android like normal, Again you will not have a matched radio yet...So no data or signal. That is why you flash the second time. After the second flash you will have matched ZVD BASEBABD AND RADIOS. But you have to boot into android between flashes.
First flash it gives you ZVD baseband with stock ZVD recovery (but will stll have ZVJ radios: ie: MISMATCHED RADIOS)
Second flash will flash the ZVD RADIOS (Now you have matched ZVD baseband, stock ZVD recovery & ZVD radios!

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
But what if this person had the know how to do all this, then you would have it rooted. I bought one off of eBay and it came with 2.3 and Xionia.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes yes yes but prob is it may come with zvj. Possibly no stock recovery. Non-rooted how am I supposed to root or downgrade without recovery? That's wat I'm asking

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Uhh.. get the update then flash, root, then flash zvj, then install custom recovery, then make nandroid.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes yes yes but prob is it may come with zvj. Possibly no stock recovery. Non-rooted how am I supposed to root or downgrade without recovery? That's wat I'm asking

All our Optimus S phones have a recovery! It's either a stock recovery or a custom one. In which the ZVD downgrade zip will work! Then you root ZVD and upgrade back to a rooted ZVJ.

Uhh.. get the update then flash, root, then flash zvj, then install custom recovery, then make nandroid.

Again you have to flash the ZVD downgrade zip twice.

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If it has a custom recovery when u buy it AND zvj....I'm not seeing what ur issue is. That's what u wanted right? Rooted zvj?

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
For some odd reason he is worried it will not have ANY recovery. Rest assured there always is one on stock

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jonny5449

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay he's a complete newbie what's the best rom for him. He is just using it to play on not have service so what's the best rom? First rom I flashed was reborn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnS21