Rooting my Nexus

Shiftastic

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Tonight I will rooting my Nexus so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of what roms I should try out.

I'm basically looking for stock feel but with more customization. I've heard AOKP and Gummy are good but would like see what your thoughts are.

Sent from my Nexus Prime

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
AOKP and Franco's kernel. I'm currently using AOKP build 38 and Franco kernel milestone 4.

I don't have Franco's app, but I'll end up getting it soon. You can flash the kernel without the app. The app makes it easier to update the kernel and allows for a multitude of configuration.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Shiftastic

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
+1 for AOKP and Franco's kernel. Just flashed the latest build (38) this morning. So far so good. I also installed the Cobalt theme for kicks. Still pretty stock but with a bit of flair. Nothing crazy but a little more eye candy then stock ICS

Last edited:

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
slim ics + trinity

*half the size of most roms
*Just as fast as aokp
*all the customizations
*way better battery
*trinity colors which makes the colors on the phone look alot better( whites look less yellow and the saturation isnt as bad)

Shiftastic

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
After a lot of searching through forums I choose to go with AOKP build 38 with Franco milestone 4 kernal like many of you suggested.

adb54fa9-70a5-8d00.jpg

Thanks again. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrianBaw