Rooting questions

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to use Sense, you don't need to uninstall it, just install one of the launcher replacement apps.

If you want to get rid of Sense completely, you'll have to wait for someone to create a custom ROM that doesn't have it included and works for the E4GLTE after you're rooted.

darkfire

May 27, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to use Sense, you don't need to uninstall it, just install one of the launcher replacement apps.

If you want to get rid of Sense completely, you'll have to wait for someone to create a custom ROM that doesn't have it included and works for the E4GLTE after you're rooted.

Thanks Glenn. Will Sense still be running in the background if I use another launcher?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Glenn. Will Sense still be running in the background if I use another launcher?
It's been quite some time since I've used another launcher, so I'm not sure... I think Sense would drop out of the memory and stop running in the background, but I cannot confirm it.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to get rid of Sense without installing an AOSP ROM. Even with a different launcher installed, Sense is always running in the background. With all the advancements that have been made in Android in the past few years, I don't understand why manufacturers insist on modifying the OS with their UI's. They should package their "enhancements" within a launcher app that users can either choose to run or not run. At least we can root and ROM, but it sure would be nice to have the option right out of the box.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE smarter than your phone!

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Chances are that Rom developers will have some assortment available before too long. If not a totally new Rom then possibly a port at first.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqw999adsfdg