Rooting Virgin Mobile's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch??

MaRz0o

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to root the recently released Samsung Galaxy S2 yet from Virgin Mobile? I was searching online and I've read that it is possible but I haven't heard of anyone who's done it. Also, if I were to root my phone, I know that it voids the warranty or whatever, but if I needed to use the warranty, how can I hide the root? If that makes sense.

inkdup102586

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Idk much about rooting that phone but as for the warranty... when I had to use mine for sprint. I just odined it back to stock

Sent from my JellyBean Epic Touchy Goodness

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to root the recently released Samsung Galaxy S2 yet from Virgin Mobile? I was searching online and I've read that it is possible but I haven't heard of anyone who's done it. Also, if I were to root my phone, I know that it voids the warranty or whatever, but if I needed to use the warranty, how can I hide the root? If that makes sense.

Virgin Galaxy S II 4G Android Development

ICS only for now... though I know official JB is in the works and hopefully will be leaked soon. (Last build 12/28)

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If they're doing a long way maybe... these will be coming in one click root pcks just like fj12 and sprint

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we have rooted :D
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=653481

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

Yes, that's the root method we use to make one click Odin packages. Those packages are generally easier for everyone since you do one flash and done.

On a side note, I am setting up a build box where hopefully we can bring a copy of Agat's repack to Boost and Virgin.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Nathan Cline

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'm not sure what I did wrong but I now have root access but didn't flash the new ROM. It's like I got root but still have the same ROM and everything else

tintedlenzs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Loving it. I mean what could be better than a one click where you only have to charge your phone scan a qr reboot and keep it moving? Right, nothing. Thanks to all dev's who got this up and running without having to alter from stock just to get SU access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777