Rotated pictures

DMMarlowe

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Examples below.

1st photo - phone held upright.. Just as if you were holding it in one hand and reading something on it or whatever.

2nd photo - another photo except this time I landscaped my phone by tilting the volume buttons twords the ground.

See the difference? :) in gallery they both look fine... It's only flips the picture when you're going to text, email, post etc. the photo

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

I didn't see the reply to this. I have the same problem

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why do all my pictures come out rotated when I have rotation OFF?!

In the Google photos app you see them upsidedown? All or some ?

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

DMMarlowe

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. some horizontal, some upside down. I can take 2 pictures in a row and one will be rotated, the other not. They show up this way in Google Photos app. I know how to edit them to turn them, but I don't understand why they rotate on their own in the first place.

DMMarlowe

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It doesn't seem to matter which mode. I can take two in portrait or two in landscape and one will be rotated (sometime 90 degrees, sometimes 180 degrees) and the other won't.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe try resetting the google photos app by clearing its data and force stop and do the same for the camera app and see if it is still happening

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you holding the phone when you take these shots? Is the subject directly in front of you and you're holding the phone upright, or is the subject below and you're holding the phone flat (i.e., parallel to the ground)? I ask this because if the phone is flat, then sometimes a relatively minor tilt of the phone can make it think you're trying to change the orientation.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah, possibly every time there is an issue, I'm holding it flat (parallel to the ground)

I notice this mostly when I'm taking photos of a receipt (which means I'm holding it flat). One thing you can look at is the orientation of the various indicators, like the zoom indicators. They should orient to how the phone is going to take a picture. So if you're holding the phone flat and notice the zoom numbers are oriented in landscape, then tilt the phone up a little to revert it to portrait orientation, then go flat and take the shot.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How are you holding the phone when you take these shots? Is the subject directly in front of you and you're holding the phone upright, or is the subject below and you're holding the phone flat (i.e., parallel to the ground)? I ask this because if the phone is flat, then sometimes a relatively minor tilt of the phone can make it think you're trying to change the orientation.

Excellent detective work. :)