royall screwed up

banchan1

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Droid 1 again after not having one for quite some time. I didn't root or try to install roms on my last one, and figured i'd try it with this one. So went to superoneclick was able to root my phone (yay me!)...downloaded rom manager, backed up my existing rom and decided it was time to try and instal cyanogen 6. Everything was going smoothly until the phone booted into recovery mode..acted like it was installing the rom, then rebooted me to the Android desktop as though I had wiped the phone and restored everything to factory. I thought great, not only did the rom not install, but the phone completely reset as well. I thought..ah well i'll just keep it moving with the original rom. No sir!...that is impossible. I can access everything on the phone excep market place and google search. No matter how many times I click on market place it gives me an error message (process com.android.vending has stopped unexpectedly). This is becoming quite a pita, and I'm hoping that you android geniuses can help me out...because i'm lost and seriously considering testing how well this device would stand up to concrete.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you didn't install "gapps" which is part of Cyanogen's ROM's. Can you get to ROM manager?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
go to Settings-About Phone and look at the kernel version, if it says Android-build its stock, if it says anything cyanogen well then its cyanogen and if you still have ROM Manager on your phone, re-download cm6.1 and make sure you install google apps also and wipe DATA and CACHE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar