Rubberized back coating peeling.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had the rubber coating on the back of the phone start to peel? Mine started on a corner and has started down the back. I've lost an area about half the size of a dime. I went to a Verizon corporate store and they would exchange it for a refurbished unit since it was a cosmetic problem not a function problem. When I asked for new phone they gave me a customer service number to call which I have not done yet.

Has anyone received a brand new phone in exchange for one with a cosmetic defect?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with the coating on the back.

I have also never had a problem with refurbished devices. Even if you do have a problem with it, it is treated like a new phone. You can request another one because of a defect or fault.

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here is a picture. It looks like wear but it is not. The plastic underneath has no scratches or marks. It has simply started peeling from the corner.
qXHPp.jpg
[/IMG]

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's strange. Yeah I'd suggest trying to get it replaced by Verizon. If they don't cooperate, try calling HTC...idk if they'd be able to help, but between the two, chances should be good! Best of luck:)

Last edited:

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes they like to b.s. It was like 3 tears ago I got a phone and it had a screw missing (slide up phone) said I damaged it and wouldn't replace. I called back and got a different person and they replaced it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bonnieeugene