Running latest Shiftsense 1.4 :)

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The other day, I was getting semi flustered not having tether working on CM7. That, and a couple piddly issues.

But did not want to go back to 2.11 RUU at this time. So I flashed 1.3 then 1.4 (after a nandroid of course).

Then, heard about the awesome battery life and a recal would be in order. Well, yest at 730am it was 100% and then launched the app and pulled the cord.

Airplane mode until 3pm - still full battery.

Finally at 430pm, it dropped a bar.

Then in the evening after being on 4g, finally went 1/2.

Left on last night and still is on 1/2.

Just light usage while on, but still. Wow...

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock Bolt. I work 3rd shift took phone off charger about 9:30pm last night (9-7-11) it's 6:19pm (9-8-11) 48% battery left. Checked 4 or 5 emails, sent a couple of texts, had a few phone calls, and played 4 hard sudoku games Just guessing about 50 or so minutes of playing time. I think I'll get a couple of days if I root.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock Bolt. I work 3rd shift took phone off charger about 9:30pm last night (9-7-11) it's 6:19pm (9-8-11) 48% battery left. Checked 4 or 5 emails, sent a couple of texts, had a few phone calls, and played 4 hard sudoku games Just guessing about 50 or so minutes of playing time. I think I'll get a couple of days if I root.
thats good battery life... do you have LTE/CDMA or CDMA only on?

TCM

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Any flaws with 1.4?

I am currently running 1.3 and I am very happy with it. Battery life has improved a solid 30-40%.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I went to this rom from Gingervitis..since it has the working NFL app! :D

Though tbh battery life for me has been complete crap BUT i am also a power user with Beejive running in the background 24/7 lol

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
CDMA only. Sadly I live in a 3G only area. I forgot to plug in last night (day off) Was still at 18% when I plugged in at 9:30 9-9-11. Roughly 36 hours but then again I'm not a power user.

That's also the big difference right there, running on 3G will *usually* get you MUCH better battery life than if you're on 4G. I say "usually" because I have found some spots where the 3G signal is weak, and the 4G seems to be stronger, and therefore the battery drain is actually about the same.

I can generally get 2 to 3 times the battery life when running CDMA only vs. LTE. Wifi is even better.

Most people with serious battery complaints are running exclusively in 4G LTE mode...or so it seems.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
That's also the big difference right there, running on 3G will *usually* get you MUCH better battery life than if you're on 4G. I say "usually" because I have found some spots where the 3G signal is weak, and the 4G seems to be stronger, and therefore the battery drain is actually about the same.

I can generally get 2 to 3 times the battery life when running CDMA only vs. LTE. Wifi is even better.

Most people with serious battery complaints are running exclusively in 4G LTE mode...or so it seems.

I usually run in 4G only mode. So far I got about 13 hours on the phone, the display was on for about 45 min to 1 hour so I would say moderate use. I do tend to turn the phone on a lot.

So far I am liking the rom. My only complaint is their is no menu to tweak, the candybar thing doesnt have a lot of roms and those that I do try to download dont work.

Das Bamf had a toolkit and so did gingeritis 3d. Maybe I am missing something. This is my first theory rom.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This is a great ROM. Much more slimmed down to my liking than other sense ROMS out there. I've always heard good things about theory ROMS, and glad I made the switch. Like I said in a previous post, they roll out a lot more updates compared to other devs out there.

I think I'm going to be sticking with these guys for awhile. Here's the link to it: [ROM] SHIFTS3NS3 V1.4F (HTC MOD Kernel) (9/3/2011)) They just began to migrate all their stuff to this new site. Highly recommend!

Reactions: project.in.process

BlackHippy21

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This ROM is awesome! It runs super smooth and fast. Been using it as my daily driver since it was released.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
^^same^^

been running LiquidTheory or Thunderbread or something---but i absolutely hate not having a "Sense" Dialer.
dl'ing & flashing this in the next few minutes

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to soon. If your listening to the music player and using the camera and you zoom in the sound stops. I don't foresee using these both at the same time though.

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried this ROM last night and could not get WIFI tether to work. It wouldn't pass out an IP address. I have this issue with all the ROMS I've tried excepth Synergy. Although the dowload speed VIA WIFI Tether and MHS is very slow with that ROM. But at least it works.

dtorion

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried this ROM last night and could not get WIFI tether to work. It wouldn't pass out an IP address. I have this issue with all the ROMS I've tried excepth Synergy. Although the dowload speed VIA WIFI Tether and MHS is very slow with that ROM. But at least it works.

They have the fix for this in Th3ory's Candy Stor3

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
They have the fix for this in Th3ory's Candy Stor3

Last night I tried reinstalling from scratch. This time I left the phone sit so the ROM could settle in. I know I didn't do that the first time I put it on the phone. After that I tried the tether and it worked even without the fix. 4G dowload speeds are still not what they should be but about twice as fast as Synergy was. I might try the fix but this phone is working so well I hate to mess with it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flammiferous